Hot tubs ?

Kimi

On Oasis a few weeks back, each hot tub had a max capacity.  The ones in the Solarium were 7 person max.  They had an attendant enforcing the limit.

At one point, there was 3 couples in and another couple joined.  The attendant came over and told the guy that there was a 7 person limit.  He kept asking the attendant "so what are you telling me?".  The attendant kept repeating the limit, but would not actually tell him that he had to get out - he finally walked away leaving us with 8.

26 minutes ago, mrspeachykeen said:

Are the hot tubs actually hot?   My husbands biggest gripe when we go to resorts in Mexico is that they are more like Tepid bubbling baths rather than hot tubs.   He's looking forward to the hot tubs on the ship.  

Not always as hot as I wanted, but plenty enough that I often felt that I had to sit up on the edge for a bit.

I guess you need to go around and feel.  For me, once I was in, I was in!

3 hours ago, mrspeachykeen said:

Are the hot tubs actually hot?   My husbands biggest gripe when we go to resorts in Mexico is that they are more like Tepid bubbling baths rather than hot tubs.   He's looking forward to the hot tubs on the ship.  

Some are warmer than others but they are definitely not standard 104 degrees. I would not call them hot tubs but whirlpools. I think the hottest they go is 100 degrees but even that is rare. 

18 hours ago, ChuckyBost said:

No enforcement on odyssey. Started with 2 and end with 15 people. I walk away when people doesn't follow the rule. 

Actually because this made me think of it - the "infinity" hot tubs that sit on the deck above the pools would often have kids in them splashing around... meaning if you were sitting under it, there was a good chance you were going to get water dumped on you. 

19 hours ago, ChuckyBost said:

No enforcement on odyssey. Started with 2 and end with 15 people. I walk away when people doesn't follow the rule. 

that's what I think as well.  It would not be a good use of staff to have someone standing there all day counting people in and out of the hot tub.  Royal can only do so much without closing things down and it does start to fall back on personal responsibility for people to follow the posted signs.  I think some people want to cause an issue, in order to try and get some sort of compensation from Royal.  

If any area was too full due to policy or our comfort level, we just moved on.  There's so much you can do that  focusing on one thing is a waste of the vacation.