2023 Caribbean Schedule: When??

CJS2766

7 minutes ago, Vlad said:

In the meantime, can anyone share some special ideas? Been to caribbean many times in cruises... 

Can be Europe, but need specifics. Itinerary, ships, stops. 

I'm thinking of middle of September 2013.

Special occasion. 

Traveling back in time to 2013 would be a pretty special occasion! 😆

4 hours ago, Vlad said:

In the meantime, can anyone share some special ideas? Been to caribbean many times in cruises... 

I'm thinking of middle of September 2023.

Special occasion. 

I'm also actually awaiting. However I'm thinking a fall foliage cruise might be the next booking. But we will see if there are some new port of calls in the Caribbean. 

4 hours ago, Vlad said:

I'm thinking of middle of September 2023.

Special occasion. 

We have done two Mediterranean cruises, one out of Barcelona and one out of Venice. The highlight for me was visiting Dubrovnik. One part of the appeal of Dubrovnik was the Game of Thrones angle as portions of the show were filmed there and another was how striking it was historically. It was hard to imagine people really living there. While in Venice we visited the island of Burano and had one of the best lunches in my life so any cruise that involves Venice or Dubrovnik would be higher on my list. 

For Europe, similar to comments regarding Alaska cruises, the destination is more important than the ship, so we find the smaller ships work well as you are not so torn between visiting the ports vs doing things on the ship. Also, bigger ships will be limited on which ports they can visit. 

For US cruises we usually fly in one day prior to embarkation, for Europe cruises we try to fly in at least two days ahead to have more time to visit the city and recover from the long flight that usually is a red-eye flight.

We are going to do our first fall foliage tour next fall out of Boston. This is our first cruise out of Boston where we live only an hour away so it will be nice to go out of a home port. We are also doing our first back to back cruise by taking the same ship on a repositioning cruise to San Juan for a total of 14 days of cruising (our longest yet) so this will be a lot of 1sts for us. We are very excited for this.

I assume that part of the decision by Royal Caribbean to open up itineraries is dependent on how stable the itineraries are meaning that rapidly changing travel rules are creating havoc for travel planning and that there is some overhead to customer service when the make changes after releasing itineraries. Another aspect of the decision is likely, do they want to try to get in a bit more revenue before they close the books for 2021. If they know they have hit their revised revenue targets for 2021 then I can see them delaying so they can get off to a good start on their 2022 revenue goals.

Although I'm disappointed that I will have to wait a bit longer for the 2023 European season I am glad Wonder will stay in the US a bit longer and to snag on of those crown lofts I had no choice I had to book the October 29, 2023 Halloween cruise (yes I have no shame I'm already booking fall 2023 cruises 🙃) on Wonder of the Seas.

On 12/16/2021 at 8:05 AM, XtremeGK said:

I have a feeling that's going to be a while (my gut says March-ish, and Oasis & Adventure up here again for Summer 2023).

We were on the Thanksgiving cruise out of New Jersey this year.  We booked for next year while on board, with the "two months to change" policy.  The lady assured us that Thanksgiving 2023 would be out within two months if we decided we wanted to wait until then to sail. (We were planning on Thanksgiving 2023 originally, but alcohol + being in vacation mode....ooops I ended up booking an extra cruise😜).  Thankfully we are happy with what we booked and don't want to change it.