Canadians, hold on to your seat belts

Back when the CDC still refused to let ships sail I said back then... if the CDC is promoting vaccines are the answer, then they can't say that vaccinated people are so unsafe they shouldn't travel.

I was double vaxxed in April yet in June they were saying I'm not safe.  I was at the peak of my safeness right then.  That was the perfect time to let fully vaxxed sail.  

Eventually the CDC came around and saw it my way 🙂

Canada has the same problem right now.  They are promoting vaccines as the solution yet are saying vaccines don't work for travel?

Canadians can travel within Canada, but not outside Canada.  I guess the virus can't fly domestically within Canada?  If they are so concerned about stopping the spread, then block domestic travel, or test domestic travel, or quarantine domestic travel since Canada is so big on quarantine as the answer.   Right, too afraid of the uproar.  Not following their own "science".

It's the same fear mongering and justification for control that we faced in the US and still face but to a lesser degree.  

Trudeau says "Canadians should carefully consider decisions...".  Agreed!  Let Canadians make choices.  It's hard to "carefully consider decisions" when you tell people they can't decide for themselves. 

22 hours ago, Eggbert said:

I have already written Doug Ford's office and the Office of the P.M. People have had enough, it is time to live our lives again and vacations are an important part of that especially after the past two years.

I agree.  What I like is that "avoiding non essential travel" is a personal interpretation. 

Still doesn't sit right with me today's update.

https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/advisories

2 hours ago, jansplan said:

I agree.  What I like is that "avoiding non essential travel" is a personal interpretation. 

Still doesn't sit right with me today's update.

https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/advisories

Cruising is essential travel (mental health cleansing if nothing else), so you're good.

Here's the Canadian's Federal Government views on Cruising

Cruise ship travel in Canada

Effective November 1, 2021, cruise ships are permitted in Canadian waters. Canada is working with the cruise ship industry, and other domestic and international partners, to support safe cruise ship travel in spring 2022.

Travel on cruise ships outside of Canada

You should continue to avoid all cruise ship travel outside of Canada. If you decide to take a cruise outside of Canada despite this advisory, there are some important facts you should consider.

If an outbreak of COVID-19 or another contagious illness were to occur:

• you could be subject to quarantine procedures onboard the ship or in a foreign country
  • the range of consular services available on cruise ships may be significantly restricted by local authorities, especially in situations of quarantine
  • the cost of medical care could be very expensive if required, and you may need to pay for your medical bills immediately in cash

The Government of Canada won’t pay your medical bills, including COVID-related expenses or medical evacuation.

If you’re infected with COVID-19, you won’t be able to return to Canada on a public flight until 14 days have passed. You shouldn’t depend on the Government of Canada for assistance to change your travel plans.

The Government of Canada will continue to evaluate the situation and make changes as necessary to ensure the health and safety of all Canadians.

SO......... No mentions of other forms of travel ............just crusing.

6 hours ago, Rene Desmarais said:

Here's the Canadian's Federal Government views on Cruising

Cruise ship travel in Canada

Effective November 1, 2021, cruise ships are permitted in Canadian waters. Canada is working with the cruise ship industry, and other domestic and international partners, to support safe cruise ship travel in spring 2022.

Travel on cruise ships outside of Canada

You should continue to avoid all cruise ship travel outside of Canada. If you decide to take a cruise outside of Canada despite this advisory, there are some important facts you should consider.

If an outbreak of COVID-19 or another contagious illness were to occur:

• you could be subject to quarantine procedures onboard the ship or in a foreign country
  • the range of consular services available on cruise ships may be significantly restricted by local authorities, especially in situations of quarantine
  • the cost of medical care could be very expensive if required, and you may need to pay for your medical bills immediately in cash

The Government of Canada won’t pay your medical bills, including COVID-related expenses or medical evacuation.

If you’re infected with COVID-19, you won’t be able to return to Canada on a public flight until 14 days have passed. You shouldn’t depend on the Government of Canada for assistance to change your travel plans.

The Government of Canada will continue to evaluate the situation and make changes as necessary to ensure the health and safety of all Canadians.

SO......... No mentions of other forms of travel ............just crusing.

The Gov't of Canada is NOT working with the cruise industry.  What nonsense.

For the longest time the CDC didn't work with the cruise industry but then they started to.  What resulted is a solution the CDC now uses as a reference model as it considers how best to model responses in other areas and venues.  The CDC learned that it is possible to make something safe despite the fears it once had and it is possible to apply lesson learned in the process to reduce risk elsewhere.

Time for Canada to get on board (pun intended).  Open your eyes Canada.  Learn Canada, instead of spreading FUD and burying your heads in the sand.  Canada's approach is basically "hide under your bed and the boogey man won't get us".  Time to act like grown ups Canada.  Time to learn.

I still have no idea and my cruise is in 8 days.😫

I purchased the Blue Cross Covid coverage a few months ago for my family. And for our province, it covers covid emergency medical even with a travel advisory.

But so many things to worry about...after planning tests, contingency plans, making sure everything is in order, they announce this.

I spoke with a co-worker this morning who returned from a trip to Columbia earlier this week. When they arrived in Montreal he was 'randomly' selected for additional testing and told he would have to quarantine at home until result came back. This is where it gets funny. He was allowed to continue on his connecting flight to Vancouver where he then had to 'quarantine' at home. Typical government thinking. We need you to quarantine to prevent this 'deadly' virus from spreading, but yeah, its ok to first catch another 5 hour flight full of people and go through another busy airport before begining your quarantine. SMH

2 hours ago, alamode123 said:

Yesterday there was a new travel advisory by the Canadian government. Just wondering what people are doing if anything?

I'm 30 days away from my cruise and panicking.

I am changing nothing. Going on my Jan. 8 cruise as planned. This is simply an advisory and not a ban.

just like there has been an advisory against cruising since the restart. Even the US has an advisory against cruising. A travel advisory is simply a CYA by the government and letting you know they aren’t going to bail you out if something happens.

4 hours ago, alamode123 said:

Yesterday there was a new travel advisory by the Canadian government. Just wondering what people are doing if anything?

To much anxiety right now to go on my cruise.  Biggest worry is getting back into my country.  Because I know travel rules will change. To big of a risk for me.

5 hours ago, alamode123 said:

I am planning to go on Allure this Sunday. Just need a negative test. 🙂

15 hours ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

https://globalnews.ca/news/8456800/omicron-travel-advisory-ban-science/

Follow the science polititions say........

Travel advisory won't stop spread of Omicron the scientest say......

Institute international travel advisory the polititions say......

Ya,  I laughed so hard when I heard that on Global news.   Federal Health folks calling on our beloved politicians to provide proof "real Data, where's your science?" for the Travel advisory.... lol