MDR On Quantum of the Seas

Johnstewarth

I've searched this forum and can't find recent information, so I'll post my question at the risk of being redundant. 🙂

We're sailing on Quantum in June to Alaska. I'm aware of the four main dining rooms and know there has been "dynamic dining" in the past. That said, does each dining room have a menu in keeping with the theme of the dining room, or do all four have the same menus each evening?

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
On 12/14/2021 at 9:44 AM, Johnstewarth said:

I've searched this forum and can't find recent information, so I'll post my question at the risk of being redundant. 🙂

We're sailing on Quantum in June to Alaska. I'm aware of the four main dining rooms and know there has been "dynamic dining" in the past. That said, does each dining room have a menu in keeping with the theme of the dining room, or do all four have the same menus each evening?

Thanks!

When they had Dynamic Dining the menus were different.  You could go to The Grand and have lobster every night.  Loved it.  They did all have the basics to fall back on though.  Now the menus are the same 

8 hours ago, MBren said:

Can you tell me the name of the 4 MDRs?

• The Grande
  • Silk
  • Chic
  • American Icon

All four have different decor, but identical menus. You will be assigned an MDR and table on your SeaPass card. You may be able to change tables within your assigned MDR, but not switch entire MDRs due to current COVID protocols - some MDRs are for vax only, others are for unvax with kids, etc. This was our experience on Anthem (Quantum-class with the same MDR layout)

• 1 month later...
On 2/16/2022 at 5:03 AM, MattG said:
  • The Grande
  • Silk
  • Chic
  • American Icon

All four have different decor, but identical menus. You will be assigned an MDR and table on your SeaPass card. You may be able to change tables within your assigned MDR, but not switch entire MDRs due to current COVID protocols - some MDRs are for vax only, others are for unvax with kids, etc. This was our experience on Anthem (Quantum-class with the same MDR layout)

Thank you for this information. This makes perfect sense. I was a bit confused on how it worked. 

On Quantum and Anthem they use to have different menu's in each which was themed with the decor. With Dynamic dining you would rotate between restaurants along with your waiting staff, it was excellent. They stopped this when they launched Ovation, although they did offer it to us as we had already booked it. 

They also dropped the tablets, which they had on the Quantum maiden, obviously didn't work.

Not sure why the themed restaurants didn't work, although some restaurants would always be busier than others.