Looking for a strategy to search cabin rates

DaveWithHat

I am looking for a strategy to search for cabin rates. Here is some context: Let's say I am interested in a particular cabin type such as a Junior Suite and I am hovering over my keyboard for the summer/fall 2023 itineraries to open up for booking. When the bookings open up, let's say I see three different ship/itineraries that appeal to me and I am interested in a September timeframe. Now I want to find the cheapest Junior Suites available. My experience is that the prices vary a lot depending on which week is selected, forward/aft of ship as well as floor number. I have also seen adjacent rooms have prices that vary by several hundred dollars, and I have seen some weeks are much more expensive than others.

What is the fastest way for someone to see all the Junior Suite prices for the above situation? Given my scenario, I am looking at three different itineraries and 4 possible weeks so essentially trying to compare prices across 12 different cruises. The only way I know of to compare prices is to open several browser windows and to methodically walk through the booking process comparing different dates, different floors etc. when what I really want to see is a giant list of J3/J4 prices, find the cheapest one then look to see what week, ship and room is associated with that price. I have tried to keep the scenario simple for the sake of discussion but in reality, for the 2023 itineraries that should be available soon I am open to any sailings out of Boston/NJ/Baltimore from April 2023 through the end of the year where I don't really care about the itinerary, I just want the cheapest Jr Suite available.

We do work with a travel agent so I know that they have a better feel for the price variances since they spend more time doing this sort of thing but even they may not catch the obscure cabin on a given itinerary that is a super deal.

Is there any way for a mortal to do this?

Dave

@AshleyDillo Wow, what a great site! This definitely helps filter down to cruises that I am interested in. The cost per night is also insightful. I can see a difference between the newer/bigger ships and the older/smaller ships. 

Do you have any idea how soon after Royal Caribbean releases a new season of bookings that the site will be populated with the new data? I assume they must use scripts/automation to pull this data in.

Thank you for sharing!

Dave

19 minutes ago, davidlap said:

Do you have any idea how soon after Royal Caribbean releases a new season of bookings that the site will be populated with the new data? I assume they must use scripts/automation to pull this data in.

No clue. I haven't really looked at it as soon as itineraries are released to see how fast they show but I think as soon as they're available to any travel agent, they should show up in Cruise Plum.

1 hour ago, davidlap said:

There's a bit of delay between the cruises being released and them being shown on cruiseplum.com or any other booking site.  For example, the 2023 Alaska cruises released on Nov 30 in the evening, but I didn't see them listed on CruisePlum until the following evening.

It seems like the data is pulled on a daily basis.