Latest on sea passes?

levib2

53 minutes ago, levib2 said:

Can you put in a plastic holder attached to lanyard?  Is seapass same size as credit card? Can they do barcode through these?  I remember having a hole put in them for lanyard, but read this is no longer done?  

There are two kinds of SeaPass cards used on Royal ships. The one with a magnetic stripe and bar code on older ships and another with an RFID chip on newer ships.  Both are the same size as credit cards.

For the former, I punch a hole to attach it to a key clip or a lanyard. I don't put it in a plastic sleeve because I don't like having to take it out of there to open my door.

image.thumb.png.73034c2adcc87c448e6694890a948839.png

For the RFID card, I put it in a sleeve.  I don't need to take it out to tap on the door lock, on the scanners at the bars, and on the scanners at gangways.

image.thumb.png.4ffd9842079d45cac531899218fc6f00.png

11 minutes ago, Jkaczano said:

For older ships, do you bring your own hole punch?  Or is there somewhere on the ship to get it punched?

I bring my own but Guest Services can punch your card for you. I don't want to have to line up at Guest Services just for that, especially on embarkation day.

image.thumb.png.7753221109b487a8dc8dfcdcb4879d13.png

2 hours ago, levib2 said:

Can you put in a plastic holder attached to lanyard?  Is seapass same size as credit card? Can they do barcode through these?  I remember having a hole put in them for lanyard, but read this is no longer done?  

All I can add is that the type of plastic sleeve matters.  The cheap "soft" plastic sleeves from Walmart tear easily.  I usually borrow an old name tag from one of my business trips (hard plastic) and use it on the lanyard.  When I wear a shirt with a pocket (such as a tropical shirt), I put the card at the end of my lanyard in my pocket.  That prevents it from catching on something as I stroll throughout the ship.