Mini Quantum class?

J_Keeble

With all the talk of the new ICON class cruise ships and the recent podcast regarding icon and her size

Do we think they would ever make a smaller ship again?

My thoughts would be maybe build a ship looking exactly the same as Quantum class but smaller maybe radiance class size but with all the quantum gizmos and look.

With all the talk of the new ICON class cruise ships and the recent podcast regarding icon and her size

Do we think they would ever make a smaller ship again?

My thoughts would be maybe build a ship looking exactly the same as Quantum class but smaller maybe radiance class size but with all the quantum gizmos and look.

That would be amazing ..... then the ports that have limited height capabilities (like Tampa and Baltimore) could have newer, cutting edge ships, home ported there.

I think they need to come out with another smaller ship as there are ports that will never be able to accommodate there larger vessels. However, it seems that they're committed to the larger ships as they get more money per berth and they are more profitable as a result. There's also the economy of scale issue, so having a larger ship reduces the per person costs of delivering the product.

Everything I have heard about new ships, going to various ports, etc, always ends with the same basic requirement: it's about making money.  Essentially, the decision making process largely goes along the lines of "we can make $X if we go with this idea, or we can make $X+$Y if we go with this plan".  At the end of the day, they are a business.

That being said, I love the idea of a mini-Quantum class ship.