Did we give up our privacy - See photo - Deck 8 on Serenade/Radiance Class looks down at Deck 7 overhang

levib2

8514...I didn't want to be over the large white overhang on Deck 7 so picked 8514 in front of ship instead.  Today I found something showing that this cabin overhangs the extended balconies on Deck 7.  See photo. 

Did we give up our privacy?  Thinking that choice will give anyone looking up at us from Deck 7 a view of us sitting or standing at rail of our balcony.  

serenade deck 8 overlook.jpg

I wouldn't say you gave up your privacy to the deck below. Even if the balcony below was flush with yours, they could lean over the rail and look up to see you if you are at the rail. If anything, the balcony below has less privacy because they stick out and you'll be looking out and down at the water. That said, no balcony has 100% privacy. Your next door neighbors on the same deck can lean a bit and take a look onto your balcony. So I wouldn't do anything out there you wouldn't want a stranger to see.

Not really sure what kind of privacy you're worried about. What are you trying to do that you're worried other people are going to see? The balconies on either side of you can easily see over around the barrier so it's not like you're going to sit out there nude or something. I agree with @melmar02that it's the room below you (with you looking down from above) whose privacy is more open to infringement. 

I agree with @jeffmw, @Pooch and @melmar02.  No balcony is truly private.  ....and more importantly, nobody cares what you are doing or will be watching or looking at you !  Honestly, for people who are that worried about privacy, I recommend an interior room where nobody can see in or out.  Others are too busy having fun on their own to be watching what you're doing !  If someone is gawking at you, give them the big 1 finger salute and carry on.

13 hours ago, levib2 said:

8514...I didn't want to be over the large white overhang on Deck 7 so picked 8514 in front of ship instead.  Today I found something showing that this cabin overhangs the extended balconies on Deck 7.  See photo. 

Did we give up our privacy?  Thinking that choice will give anyone looking up at us from Deck 7 a view of us sitting or standing at rail of our balcony.  

serenade deck 8 overlook.jpg

Nope. The people BELOW you did.