Oasis 3 Keel Laying, Oasis 4 Announced

Today in France a keel laying ceremony was held for Oasis 3, completion in 2016. Also plans for Oasis 4 were announced by Royal Caribbean with completed expected in 2018. Photo credits: Cruise Critic and Surinder Manku, Seatrade Insider. 

10271517_10152024388026767_2523913388964

1ca82dcc91ea0d881ceb5524dc7ccafe_M.jpg

Articles:

http://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/news-headlines/royal-caribbean-orders-oasis-4-at-stx-france.html

OasiskeellayinMay92014_zps4ce1b860.jpg

la-commande-dun-nouveau-paquebot-confirm

la-commande-dun-nouveau-paquebot-geant-c

10271517_10152024388026767_2523913388964

BnL_ri5CcAAOA6C.jpg

Photos courtesy of Lloyd555

Great to hear them announce this.  Don't forget, Oasis 5 is still possible!

I wouldn't be surprised. And an Oasis class ship is going to go to Asia. If O5 is built wouldn't be surprised to see one in Asia, Europe, eventually Australia, and 2 in the US. Europe has begged for an Oasis class and people from Australia are flying to Florida just to sail on one. 

Article: http://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/news-headlines/royal-caribbean-orders-oasis-4-at-stx-france.html

Looks like one at least will be going to the Asia market.  

According to Wells Fargo analyst Tim Conder, the Oasis order fits into the context of Royal Caribbean's stated long-term 4% annual growth goal and 'further strengthens RCL's innovative leadership positioning in the industry.'

Conder thinks that over the next 12 to 18 months, the company could announce the deployment of an Oasis-class ship to Asia, at least for part of the year.

According to Wells Fargo analyst Tim Conder, the Oasis order fits into the context of Royal Caribbean's stated long-term 4% annual growth goal and 'further strengthens RCL's innovative leadership positioning in the industry.'

Conder thinks that over the next 12 to 18 months, the company could announce the deployment of an Oasis-class ship to Asia, at least for part of the year.

A lot is riding on how Quantum does in Asia.  RC is betting the Chinese cruise market will be quick to adopt.  We shall see if that is really the case when Quantum arrives.

A lot is riding on how Quantum does in Asia.  RC is betting the Chinese cruise market will be quick to adopt.  We shall see if that is really the case when Quantum arrives.

I see Carnival is jumping at China/Asia as well. If this doesn't go well, it will be like Europe 2 years ago and everyone will be heading back to the US soon.  :huh:

I see Carnival is jumping at China/Asia as well. If this doesn't go well, it will be like Europe 2 years ago and everyone will be heading back to the US soon.  :huh:

Pretty much.  I think this is an even bigger gamble considering Asia's cruise market (namely China) is behind Europe in terms of infrastructure and cruise market

I wouldn't be surprised. And an Oasis class ship is going to go to Asia. If O5 is built wouldn't be surprised to see one in Asia, Europe, eventually Australia, and 2 in the US. Europe has begged for an Oasis class and people from Australia are flying to Florida just to sail on one. 

Article: http://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/news-headlines/royal-caribbean-orders-oasis-4-at-stx-france.html

That would mean the other half of the year she will be in Australia? 

I think you are right Tylor and as far as far as the UK goes i think the writing is on the wall as Allure is in Europe next year and i think that with the departure of Adventure this year and Explorer only doing one season in 2015 and heading to Australia I really think that from 2016 they are planning to base the Allure in Southampton from May to October each season.

BOY I HOPE SO  :)  :)