Parking in Fort Lauderdale

Whiskers

I will be driving to Fort Lauderdale with the family for a seven night cruise. I will be staying in a motel the night before. Question is should we 1) stay out of town, (hopefully cheaper hotel) and park at Port  or

2) get a package hotel where you pay to park there and then pay for a shuttle 

• 1 month later...

If you are coming in the month of March you will have trouble finding decent price hotels even far from the port due to the spring breakers. If not, try Dania Beach, pompano, plantation, Hallandale or Hollywood which will put you in close enough proximity at a much lower rate. I am a Fort Lauderdale local if you want to run any hotels by me I can give you the scoop. Good luck. 

I am a retired General Manager of the Port Everglades parking facilities.  I never cruised while working at Port Everglades.  After retiring, my wife has convinced me to cruise often.  So, I've cruised out of Port Everglades a lot.  I've stayed in motels snd used their parking g deals, I've used off port parking.  But, I've never parked in the facilities that I used to manage.  I found early on that (I have absolutely no business relationship with this business) Park N GO is by far the best option.  If interested, I'd be glad to explain.

If you are coming south on 95 look for a room around Vero Beach or Fort Pierce. They are usually less expensive if that is important. That will be a 2 to 2 and half hour drive to park.

I have had great success parking at park and go on Eller. It is conveniently located at the end of I-595, there is a traffic light and a sign telling you to make u turn onto a service road that brings you right to the lot. 7 bucks a day last I looked.

• 1 month later...

I just reserved my parking at Park N Go for my November cruise on the Harmony.  It is going to cost me $76.XX for our 8 day cruise.  I think that is a heck of a deal.  It is completely refundable if you need to cancel for any reason, I know because I have had to cancel in the past and it wasn't a problem at all.  The price includes the shuttle to and from the ship and they have a large number of shuttles that run continuously.