Cabin Attendant

9 hours ago, JimnKathy said:

I always like to give our attendant $20 on the first day

We like to do this as they always seem to appreciate it. For us it is an extension lead, mattress topper, and robes.

Then depending on the wife's mood, either beds together or separated. Ouch, the bride just backhanded me

OMG good ideas. I write a letter with my requests of 2 extra pillow, more towels (2 sets each), I need two sheets and one blanket (for my air mattress that I use on the balcony) I ask for all seating to be covered with a bed sheet (because they are mostly fabric). If I am not in a JR suite, I requests our robes. THEN, I put $20 in the envelope...first day. 

Has anyone successfully gotten a true mattress topper recently ?  I know that they quit giving the foam ones out a while back.  I wondered if they had started giving them out again.  A couple of times the room attendant would throw a couple of folded futon covers under the bottom sheet which was minimal relief.

On 12/11/2021 at 9:41 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Has anyone successfully gotten a true mattress topper recently ?  I know that they quit giving the foam ones out a while back.  I wondered if they had started giving them out again.  A couple of times the room attendant would throw a couple of folded futon covers under the bottom sheet which was minimal relief.

On board the Anthem…while walking the hallway today after embarkation, I saw them delivering a couple of foam mattress toppers to a few rooms in a row. They all appeared new, wrapped in plastic. Apparently a lot a hard beds! 
**I actually looked for them to find you an answer!😁

13 hours ago, BrianB said:

On board the Anthem…while walking the hallway today after embarkation, I saw them delivering a couple of foam mattress toppers to a few rooms in a row. They all appeared new, wrapped in plastic. Apparently a lot a hard beds! 
**I actually looked for them to find you an answer!😁

Thanks so much, Brian.  That is really good news.

On 12/11/2021 at 9:41 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Our experience on the Harmony in late 2019 was the same -- no mattress topper but maybe an extra comforter.

On 12/13/2021 at 12:59 PM, Seafarer said:

A half dozen gratuity envelopes, for additional staff recognition.

This, ice in the bucket daily, drinking glasses, sometimes hangers, and an extension cord for hubby’s CPAP. 

I currently miss Marva from Oasis. She was lovely, and took care of us exceptionally well last week on all our requests . 🙂

On 12/10/2021 at 3:59 PM, smokeybandit said:

Our basis of if we're going to get above and beyond service from the stateroom attendant is if they remember to bring us daily ice.  Sadly this rarely gets remembered.

My attendant did an excellent job with everything - including filling up the mini cooler each day. Debarking on Independence in 7 hours.

A few weeks ago, I gave our attendant significantly more than $20 to prime the pump. I ended up on the sofabed on the other side of the divider wall in our GS cabin due to a snoring wife. Our attendant gave me a couple comforters to use as a mattress pad on the hard sofabed. He bent over backwards the entire week providing ice, pool towels, and timing the cleaning perfectly.

CruisingOz……..take note on the comforters on the sofabed, you might end up there!