Cruise with Confidence extended to Mar 31, 2022

TickledBlue

I did notice that. 

This brings up a question that my have been answered.I will probably book another sailing prior to the January 31st date. But it sails after the May 31st 2022 which is the expiry of the the future cruise credit. Does this mean Cruise with confidence does not apply? Any thoughts on this particular situation? I am planning on calling royal with this specific situation in mind. 

From the website:

Cancel any sailing booked by January 31, 2022 up to 48 hours before your sail date and get the full value in a Future Cruise Credit that’s good to redeem until May 31, 2022. And you have endless options to redeem your credit — just pick any cruise you like that sails between now and December 31, 2022.

I interpret the wording as that it is good for any future cruise that you booked before Jan 31, 2022; however, it only really applies if you have a NRD or if the final payment date is before May 31, 2022.  This is because you'll need to use the FCC by May 31, 2022 for a cruise through Dec. 31, 2022.   

I would confirm with Royal though.

4 hours ago, twangster said:

The timing is something that concerns me.  I have cruises with FCC I am due to receive at nearly 90 days with no FCC provided yet.  

If I cancel a February cruise in February will I even receive the FCC before the date that it has to be applied?  

Totally agree!  I have a cruise from August 2021 that I cancelled under CWC that I am still waiting on the FCC for.

Update: 

Again I know that depending on the customer service agent this answer may be different. I will call back again and ask the same question. 

I have sailing that I plan on booking before the January 31 2022 CWC deadline. This sailing is in June 2022 which is after the may 31 2022 deadline to rebook a cruise using your FCC. I wanted to ask what occurs if I had to cancel after this May 31st deadline but prior to the Jun sailing? Would i forfeit my FCC? 

The agent told me that If I canceled prior to the the 48 hours of sailing that we would get a FCC that would need to be used for a sailing before the end of 2022. 

I just wanted to ask the many Royal Lovers if they think this is a valid explanation. I am just want to make sure I have a contingency just incase. 

Thanks!

That is something to think about. But their website does say any sailing booked before january 2022 But I can see how standard cancelation policies also apply because I know there are cruisers that will be book for 2023 cruises prior to that January 2022 deadline. I will be call royal again for clarification. 

6 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I was under the impression that any sailing after May 31, 2022 won't even count under CWC.  Meaning, standard cancellation penalties would apply.

That is correct, the May 31, 2022 deadline for CWC sailings is an extension of the previous April 30, 2022 deadline for CWC sailings that was in place for the longest time.  Good luck all.

On 12/10/2021 at 4:22 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Totally agree!  I have a cruise from August 2021 that I cancelled under CWC that I am still waiting on the FCC for.

We (my husband and I) cancelled a December cruise in early September. After six weeks of not hearing anything, I called to find out. The FCC had been issued and emailed to... get this... our deceased son's email address. He's been gone for two years, and somehow Royal Caribbean managed to associate his email address with our FCCs for a booking made and cancelled in 2021.

The person on the phone did give me the FCC numbers so I can use them, but they were unable to re-email the certificates to my email address as they'd been issued to the other one.

• 5 weeks later...
  • AshleyDillo changed the title to Cruise with Confidence extended to Mar 31, 2022

If one uses an FCC from a cruise cancelled under Cruise with Confidence for an upcoming (qualifying) cruise, and then one decides to cancel that cruise, how long with the resulting FCC be valid for? I'm not sure what they may mean by "original sail date" (whether it points to the first cruise cancellation that resulted in FCCs being issued).

What makes it a little confusing is that here we are, already in January 2022, so for any cancellations done between now and September 28, the "or by December 31, 2022" should be irrelevant unless they retain the first cruise's sail date for the new FCCs. (It's a historically useful message, though.)

How would I check to see if I booked with CWC? My Jan 22 sailing just got canceled, and I received an email with the 125% FCC offer, but it says if booked with CWC this does not apply. I know I added that to my June sailing, but can't remember if I did for the January one. Don't we pay extra for the CWC? Why would we not be able to get the 125% FCC offer? That doesn't make much sense to me.

32 minutes ago, Beth Davis said:

How would I check to see if I booked with CWC? My Jan 22 sailing just got canceled, and I received an email with the 125% FCC offer, but it says if booked with CWC this does not apply. I know I added that to my June sailing, but can't remember if I did for the January one. Don't we pay extra for the CWC? Why would we not be able to get the 125% FCC offer? That doesn't make much sense to me.

If you used a FCC that you received from a prior Cruise With Confidence that FCC amount isn't eligible for the 125%.

2 hours ago, Marc said:

If one uses an FCC from a cruise cancelled under Cruise with Confidence for an upcoming (qualifying) cruise, and then one decides to cancel that cruise, how long with the resulting FCC be valid for? I'm not sure what they may mean by "original sail date" (whether it points to the first cruise cancellation that resulted in FCCs being issued).

What makes it a little confusing is that here we are, already in January 2022, so for any cancellations done between now and September 28, the "or by December 31, 2022" should be irrelevant unless they retain the first cruise's sail date for the new FCCs. (It's a historically useful message, though.)

This is a question I have as well and hope someone chimes in here too. I would like to cancel a cruise we have booked for June 22 under the new CWC terms and rebook in 2023, but we used FCC from the CSO in 2020 and it's not clear what the "original sail date" would be. 

23 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

That is how I interpret it! If you want, cut and paste the text of the email into a response and we can read through it and tear it apart!

Dear Guest,

As a result of ongoing COVID-related circumstances, Royal Caribbean International is cancelling the 2-night January 22, 2022 sailing onboard Independence of the Seas.

Regretfully, this means your reservation will be cancelled. We know how much time and effort go into planning your vacation, and we’re sorry for the impact to your plans. We do hope you will take advantage of the options below and find another sailing to join us on.

Your Options

Option 1: Automatically receive a 125% Future Cruise Credit

We’re providing you with a 125% Future Cruise Credit to book a new cruise.

• This amount is based on your total cruise fare paid, and we’re giving you a little extra knowing that this is such a unique circumstance.
  • Your certificate can be used on any Royal Caribbean International sailing that departs on or before December 31, 2022 (or one year from your original sailing – whichever is further out), as long as it’s redeemed by the expiration date.
  • We will automatically issue your Future Cruise Credit via email no later than February 4, 2022, so there’s nothing for you to do!
  • Taxes & fees and any RoyalUp upgrades will be automatically refunded. Current refund processing is around 30 days. We are working as quickly as possible, and we appreciate your patience.
  • Please note:
    • If you opted into the Cruise with Confidence 100% Future Cruise Credit, this offer does not apply.
    • If you previously used a Future Cruise Credit (including previous Global Suspension FCCs), you’ll receive a new Future Cruise Credit. This will be for 125% of any new monies paid on this sailing, plus the value of your original credit at 100% of its value, with an expiration date of December 31, 2022 (or one year from the original sail date).
    • If you were already impacted by a sailing that was previously cancelled due to a global suspension and paid additional monies on a new booking within this extended suspension period, and you opt in for a refund via the process below, it will be for both bookings.

Option 2: Select a 100% refund

If you prefer a full refund, which is a lower value than the future cruise credit offer above, we’re happy to process this for you. Given how fluid this situation is, and the opportunity to use the extra credit being offered, you have until January 21, 2022 to request a refund and deactivate your certificate.

• Please contact us to start the refund process, forfeiting the higher value of your 125% Future Cruise Credit.
  • To avoid waiting on the phone to cancel, click here and we will get the refund process started for you. Note: Please know, once we receive your refund request, we unfortunately won’t be able to accept an FCC request if you change your mind.
  • We’ll then deactivate your Future Cruise Credit and process your refund to your original form(s) of payment, which will include any non-refundable deposits.
  • You can expect to receive your refund 30 days after you submit your refund request.
  • Please note: If you used a Cruise with Confidence certificate on this sailing and you request a refund instead, we’ll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount, and we’ll reinstate your original Cruise with Confidence certificate.

13 minutes ago, Beth Davis said:

If you opted into the Cruise with Confidence 100% Future Cruise Credit, this offer does not apply.

I actually think this comment means if you cancelled before Royal did, then you canceled under CWC and therefore you can't get this offer.  It takes a bit for a CWC cancellation to be processed, so they had to clarify that if you opted to cancel before Royal cancelled you, then you can't go back and claim the 125%.

So in your case I'm pretty sure you will get the 125% FCC by default.

22 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

I actually think this comment means if you cancelled before Royal did, then you canceled under CWC and therefore you can't get this offer.  It takes a bit for a CWC cancellation to be processed, so they had to clarify that if you opted to cancel before Royal cancelled you, then you can't go back and claim the 125%.

So in your case I'm pretty sure you will get the 125% FCC by default.

Well that's great. Thank you reading through it with me! Yeah, I had canceled one that we were supposed to take our kids on, back before the vaccine was approved for the littles, and it took almost 6 months to get my FCC vouchers. 

55 minutes ago, HawkeyeSarah said:

This is a question I have as well and hope someone chimes in here too. I would like to cancel a cruise we have booked for June 22 under the new CWC terms and rebook in 2023, but we used FCC from the CSO in 2020 and it's not clear what the "original sail date" would be. 

My understanding is…and I posted something about it under a different topic about CWC…if you used any FCC to book something that you now want to cancel with CWC you MUST cruise by December 31, 2022.  You do not get to move it to a year after the date of cruise.  You can only do that IF you did not use FCC for it.  This is my biggest dilemma right now!