Check-In Not Available 45 Days Out

baltodave

First, I'm not sure if I should have added to my existing thread or start (this) new one but my question is now a little different.

As  you can see from the screenshot below, we are now 45 days from our 11-night Vision OTS Jan 24 2022 sailing.  I was under the impression that online check-in would be available by now (it's not).   This sailing is supposed to Vision's first sailing (since the restart) and I sure hope it's not cancelled.  (We were supposed to the same sailing last year but did "lift & shift" when that one was cancelled).

Thoughts?

image.png.b6268d8956adbc790a8577b1e31d3747.png

6 minutes ago, SPS said:

I noticed your app screenshot on the other post was blank in the Deck/Stateroom section. Is this a Guarantee (GTY) reservation? If so, I wonder if that is what delaying your check-in availability.

Neh, We have an assigned stateroom (ocean view on deck 4) .  I just erased it from the screenshot for security reasons.

5 minutes ago, MTNeedsAVacay said:

Does it say the same thing when you view your reservation in the Royal app? I know on my it says something like "Check-in opens on [date it opens]"

I would imagine that since yours is the first sailing, it might not open until 30 days out, but I don't really have any hard evidence to support that.

Yes, the Royal App does not even have a check-in date.

42 minutes ago, baltodave said:

No clue.  We have already paid this in full.

I'm sorry I meant Royal changed the final payment due date to 30 days out, I don't believe check in is specific to passengers paid or not. I just think they push the button to open check in for everyone at this time, that way if there are cancellations (they experience cancellations at final payment for a multitude of reasons,) there are less "check ins" to go through, especially ones that have checked in then ultimately canceled, I just think it's a way to be just a little more efficient and stream line the process on their end. 

I paid in full for my Thanksgiving sailing and that was way before payment was due, I believe they opened check in well after that, @wordell1 do you remember how many days we were out? Keep an eye on your role call here, as soon as it opens it will be announced there.....Have an amazing sailing!

I've been able to check in for a cruise at 45 days out even though it wasn't paid in full.  My son did the same on a different booking.  

However there is no clear pattern.  Different ships have been inconsistent with respect to the check in window. 

Rather than trying to determine why or read the tea leaves and draw a conclusion from inconclusive and circumstantial evidence I think we just need to accept that is the Royal way.  

11 minutes ago, twangster said:

I've been able to check in for a cruise at 45 days out even though it wasn't paid in full.  My son did the same on a different booking.  

However there is no clear pattern.  Different ships have been inconsistent with respect to the check in window. 

Rather than trying to determine why or read the tea leaves and draw a conclusion from inconclusive and circumstantial evidence I think we just need to accept that is the Royal way.  

Yep, totally agree.  The only time that paying for a cruise in full has been an issue was when (on a different sailing), we bought "Air2Sea" and couldn't do flight seat assignments until the trip was paid for in full. 

In this case, we were hoping we could do the online check-in when we got to 45 days out.

1 hour ago, Neesa said:

I'm sorry I meant Royal changed the final payment due date to 30 days out, I don't believe check in is specific to passengers paid or not. I just think they push the button to open check in for everyone at this time, that way if there are cancellations (they experience cancellations at final payment for a multitude of reasons,) there are less "check ins" to go through, especially ones that have checked in then ultimately canceled, I just think it's a way to be just a little more efficient and stream line the process on their end. 

I paid in full for my Thanksgiving sailing and that was way before payment was due, I believe they opened check in well after that, @wordell1 do you remember how many days we were out? Keep an eye on your role call here, as soon as it opens it will be announced there.....Have an amazing sailing!

Our check in opened 90 days out, and then closed down again until 45 days out - with new times available.  

I think I said this in your other post, but Vision isn't sailing yet. This is likely the reason why the check-in isn't enabled. They need to "turn on" that ship somehow in the app. I know this was an issue with other ships before they began sailing -- the check-in dates ended up being closer in.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, BrianB said:

Great! Hope you get the check in time you want! Remember…even if you don’t, keeping checking back as earlier times open as the process proceeds.

Yep!  We got 10:30-11:00 am.  I think that's earlier than most because this is the first sailing for Vision (following drydock and restart).  In other words, we don't need to wait for prior guests to get off and I bet the rooms are ready now.