Specialty Dining at Lunch Time

erinsmom03

We will be on Freedom on January 3, and it will be our first time with UDP. I have been trying to figure out a game plan for where and when we would like to make reservations when we get on the ship. I'm a bit confused on the times given on the app for lunches, however. The only day that the app shows restaurants open for lunch is on day 4, which is the day we are going to be at Coco Cay. I thought that the restaurants would be open for lunch on our day at sea. Could this just be an app error? 

1 hour ago, Swar said:

On the Independence, Chops was open on sailing day for lunch. If you had the Key, you also could get Chops in the MDR. We had UDP, so did Chops in the Restaurant. On sailing days, all specialty restaurants should be open.

Thanks! We do have the Key as well. I figured most restaurants would be open on sea days, and closed on port days, especially when in Coco Cay. Wish some would be open when in Nassau!

On 12/9/2021 at 2:23 PM, AshleyDillo said:

Likely. Sometimes what you see for your sailing in the app is actually reflecting the schedule for the current sailing.

Now it's showing on day 2 for Chops and Izumi, which is our sea day. Giovanni's is showing it's open for lunch on days 1,2, and 3.  Could Giovanni's actually be open on for lunch on boarding day and a day we are in port?