Double Crown & Anchor Points Solo

RobbieD

7 hours ago, Matt said:

Yes, staying solo in a standard interior room gets you double Crown and Anchor points.

If you booked the cruise back when the double points promo was being offered, you'll qualify for 4x points.

for Gold and above.  I was Pre-Gold for my first cruise with RC and my i didn't get double (other than as a solo). 

30 minutes ago, Larry Muster said:

I'm solo on a 5 night cruise this summer.  That should get me 4 points per night or 20 total.  Should I upgrade to a Junior Suite to get 10 extra points?  The difference is about $1400.

Do you think $1400 is worth 10 points? Because realistically I could sail solo again for less than $1400 and get those points......and get to enjoy another cruise. Another 5 nighter at 2x the point for solo could be under $1000. 

8 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Do you think $1400 is worth 10 points? Because realistically I could sail solo again for less than $1400 and get those points......and get to enjoy another cruise. Another 5 nighter at 2x the point for solo could be under $1000. 

I don't disagree that there are easier ways to get the points, but right now I have less vacation time than money so it's more realistic for me to do it this way.  Plus I've got a good amount of Cruise Credit to burn.

5 hours ago, Larry Muster said:

I don't disagree that there are easier ways to get the points, but right now I have less vacation time than money so it's more realistic for me to do it this way.  Plus I've got a good amount of Cruise Credit to burn.

Then by all means upgrade and enjoy. If your using FCC then it will work out. Like you I had limited vacation time and don't live near ports. So, I booked jr. suites or higher to get me to diamond.

• 1 month later...
On 12/9/2021 at 9:13 AM, Matt said:

Yes, staying solo in a standard interior room gets you double Crown and Anchor points.

If you booked the cruise back when the double points promo was being offered, you'll qualify for 4x points.

Does cruising solo in an Ocean View Balcony (OVB) = double CAS points, or more points for OVB (or other balcony) & higher?  Is there a list/breakdown posted somewhere?

Thanks!

26 minutes ago, EmptyNestTravels said:

Does cruising solo in an Ocean View Balcony (OVB) = double CAS points, or more points for OVB (or other balcony) & higher?  Is there a list/breakdown posted somewhere?

Thanks!

Jr. Suites or higher will get you more points. Solo in anything other than that, is just double. So, 4 nights solo in an OVB is 4*2 or 8 points. But 4n in a Jr. suite is 2*1+1 or 4*3, aka 12points. It is listed in the FAQs for royal. 

4 hours ago, EmptyNestTravels said:

Thanks!

Try not to use the word double.  The formula is actually very simple:

Points per night = 1 + (1 if traveling in a Junior Suite or higher) + (1 if traveling alone) = 1, 2, or 3

Points for Cruise = Number of nights * points per night