What is cost of dining packages sold on board?

kelly S

I am sailing Dec 18th on Symphony.  I have been watching for Chops Plus 1, 3 night or UDP for my sailing on cruise planner but no luck.  They seem sold out.  I have been told they sell dining packages on board and I am curious if anyone knows pricing?  It’s not the normal cruise..it’s a shorter 5 day.  I have done UDP on 4 day cruises for around 100.  

My son and I really just want Jamie’s and Chops…but if the price was right we would go with a UDP..just depends on pricing.  If we have to pay 50pp a meal I think we will just grab lunches …

I just made Diamond so not even sure if I will have any offers loaded on my card…

Welcome to the boards!

There will be servers from the various restaurants roaming around the Windjammer and various bars right after you embark. They will be looking for people to book specialty restaurants and will most likely have a deal they can give you. You can ask about UDP, or you can just ask what they can do for you for a specific restaurant. We have gotten half off pretty regularly if we're willing to go one of the first two nights.

1 hour ago, KenC said:

With UDP are all specialty restaurants included?  Johnny Rockets, Hooked, etc?  I saw something about $35-20 allocations and $20 covers.  Can someone explain the package better?

Yes, all specialty restaurants are included.

However, if it is a restaurant that has prices on the individual items on the menu, then there is a per visit per person allocation that you have with the dining package.  For Izumi sushi it is $35 per visit. Playmakers and Portside BBQ are $20 per visit.

Izumi hibachi/teppenyaki also has prices on their menu. Effectively the allocation with the dining package there is also $35. If you look at the menu it shows that it is $45 or $50 for the hibachi meals. You end up paying a $10 or $15 with the package at Izumi for the hibachi/teppenyaki depending on what which you order.

The other restaurants without menu prices have a cover charge. For example, if you look at a Chops menu you won't see prices by most items. Chops has a fixed cover charge and that charge is waived when you have the UDP. There may be some items with menu prices and those are upcharge items that you would still have to pay for if you ordered them.

9 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Yes, all specialty restaurants are included.

However, if it is a restaurant that has prices on the individual items on the menu, then there is a per visit per person allocation that you have with the dining package.  For Izumi sushi it is $35 per visit. Playmakers and Portside BBQ are $20 per visit.

Izumi hibachi/teppenyaki also has prices on their menu. Effectively the allocation with the dining package there is also $35. If you look at the menu it shows that it is $45 or $50 for the hibachi meals. You end up paying a $10 or $15 with the package at Izumi for the hibachi/teppenyaki depending on what which you order.

The other restaurants without menu prices have a cover charge. For example, if you look at a Chops menu you won't see prices by most items. Chops has a fixed cover charge and that charge is waived when you have the UDP. There may be some items with menu prices and those are upcharge items that you would still have to pay for if you ordered them.

Thank you!