Europe 2023...

Vlad

Hopefully soon. Want to see which of the bigger ships will be there. Especially oasis and quantum classes. 

Too bad, I've missed on Wonder... Could not make it for 2022.

And it's probably won't be there in 2023, maybe will be moved to Asia, like originally planned. 

9 hours ago, Vlad said:

Hopefully soon. Want to see which of the bigger ships will be there. Especially oasis and quantum classes. 

Too bad, I've missed on Wonder... Could not make it for 2022.

And it's probably won't be there in 2023, maybe will be moved to Asia, like originally planned. 

In 2023, the Oasis class ship in Europe will be Symphony as she is due for her 5-year dry dock.

5 minutes ago, Vlad said:

Would you know, if dry dock usually in the spring before the season starts or in fall? 

I'm not sure. I know for a fact that Harmony did hers in spring this year and Allure was scheduled for spring of last year, although that got a bit messed up due to covid.

However, I seem to remember Oasis did hers in fall (not 100% sure).

13 minutes ago, Vlad said:

Would you know, if dry dock usually in the spring before the season starts or in fall? 

It will be when the shipyard has availability.  The shipyard is owned and run by another company.  They service all sorts of ships from cargo, tanker, container and passenger ships.  All ships have to dry dock on a periodic basis so dry dock space in a shipyard can at times be difficult to reserve.  

If the shipyard has availability in the spring but not in the fall, the dry dock will occur in the spring.  If the shipyard has availability in fall but not in the spring, it will be in the fall. 

Dry docks are for technical marine maintenance under the waterline.  A dry dock does not mean she will get new guest features added.  Many cruise ships who have dry docked recently realized no changes to guest areas because that is not why ships go into dry dock. 

Anthem of the Seas was scheduled to enter dry dock last year before the pandemic shutdown the industry.  She was not going to receive any guest areas updates because she is a new ship and doesn't need any guest area updates.  I highly doubt Symphony will receive any guest area updates when she dry docks because she is also a new ship and she doesn't need any guest areas updates.

Consequently Symphony's dry dock date, spring or fall, is irrelevant to the cruising public.

23 minutes ago, Nathan adams said:

Is the release for Caribbean 2023 still this week? Any rumors of when?

As of this moment it is still on track for this week.  

Royal did a test load late last week.  In the past that was a strong indication it could occur this week.  

It's only Tuesday.  It could happen any day now, or it could get delayed again.  

1 hour ago, Vlad said:

It's simple... 

Royal Caribbean have no idea what's going to be in Europe in 2023... 

Plus don't forget, the contract says that they have full rights to change everything! 

Both ship and itinerary. 

I think it's far more likely a technical issue than knowing what ships are going where in 2023. The amount of time it takes to organize all of that stuff and coordinate port bookings...that process has to be well underway.

They did a test load. Then they postponed last-minute last week for one week, and postponing again now last-minute (which makes sense to push until after the holidays given I'm sure they will be stretched for staffing the next couple of weeks). Given their IT history, this screams to me of a technical issue with loading the full slate.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2022 at 6:22 AM, teddy said:

Yay!!

We got the aft balcony on Explorer we wanted for Venice to Rome in October.   We’ll spend my wife’s birthday in Rome  

I’ve got a really awesome Airbnb in Rome this October. $200 a night, sleeps 4, 5-7 minute walk to Spanish steps, Trevi fountain. Super host apparently stocks fridge and cupboards with food! I’ll happily pass along link if you’re interested 

33 minutes ago, Jill said:

I’ve got a really awesome Airbnb in Rome this October. $200 a night, sleeps 4, 5-7 minute walk to Spanish steps, Trevi fountain. Super host apparently sticks fridge and cupboards with food! I’ll happily pass along link if you’re interested 

Oh yes please. 

thank you very much 

2 hours ago, Jill said:

I’ve got a really awesome Airbnb in Rome this October. $200 a night, sleeps 4, 5-7 minute walk to Spanish steps, Trevi fountain. Super host apparently sticks fridge and cupboards with food! I’ll happily pass along link if you’re interested 

Jill - can you pass me the link as well?  Looking at one of the 2023 Holy Land cruises.

We used our FCC from the CSO in 2020 to rebook on Allure for Europe June 2022, so we are not currently covered under the CWC program. That reservation has since been moved to Wonder and our room was downgraded from a CLS to a JS. I kept the booking in hopes of a better room opening up, but now am wondering if we could move our reservation to 2023 to get our original room category back since the prices are much more reasonable on Symphony. I understand there will likely be fees, but is it possible to do a move with a reservation booked with FCC or do I have to cancel the original reservation and wait for the FCCs to be reissued?

On 1/6/2022 at 4:49 AM, Jill said:

I am interested 🙂  We will be in Rome Sept 2023.  TIA