Royal Up - Suites

AAD

3 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I know sky/star class exist on the oasis and quantum class. I was planning on ordering room service for breakfast and enjoying on my balcony, so if free room service was a perk, then I would go ahead and bid.

This is just me, but suites are more beneficial when you have more than one person in the room. Jr.suite is prefect when travelling solo and I was only entertaining bidding on a GS if the perks were more than I read.

This is the only perk really..and maybe a suite lounge happy hour too I think. Not sure if that's worth the $160 extra..I'd rather invest in specialty dining 😂

On 12/10/2021 at 9:17 PM, AshleyDillo said:

This is the only perk really..and maybe a suite lounge happy hour too I think. Not sure if that's worth the $160 extra..I'd rather invest in specialty dining 😂

Lol, that's exactly what I did. I got the Chops+1 and stuck with my nice jr.suite in a location I actually picked.

On 12/10/2021 at 4:16 PM, Ampurp85 said:

I just got my first Royal Up offer for 2/3 of my Jan cruises. I have a Jr. Suite on Indy and I am offered to go up in suites starting at $80pp for a GS. I am traveling solo and wonder if this a good idea considering its 1. no real suite perks and 2. a 4-day cruise.

Yes, GS is worth it anytime.

On 12/10/2021 at 5:24 PM, AAD said:

Don’t you go from Sea to Sky class which gives you Zoom perks?  I’ve only looked at Symphony so not sure of Indy. I think the GS looks much more luxe and like a real suite than a JS - on Symphony.  Also you get better Coastal Kitchen access with Sky Class. 

We usually do junior suites on the Harmony or Symphony. This was our first sailing in a Grand Suite. We enjoyed the extra space, especially when my wife started snoring. Our room steward gave me a couple of duvets to soften up the couch bed, worked out well a few nights. We ate in the Coastal Kitchen every night which worked out well because I try to eat plant based and the waiter communicated things well to the CK chef. The chef even came out to the table a few times to see if things were alright. We tried to Royal Up to a GS on the Ovation last August but were unsuccessful so we have just converted most of our future cruises in a GS.

36 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Reh roh....I sense an emerging suite snob !

Welcome !

This is funny, because I've already found myself crossing my fingers for a suite Royal Up on our upcoming Jewel cruise after realizing how much smaller our Balcony cabin would be, and already having booked a Junior Suite directly for our next Allure cruise all as a result of our Odyssey Royal Up. 😅

So, just 17 days out from sailing.... Still no suite GTY assignment.... And no RoyalUp decision.  I know this is the norm.  But it's maddening!  There are lotso suites remaining and certainly hardly anyone is going to book a last minute cruise right now for 12/31 - 1/8!  I refuse to buy certainty and a decision though by paying $12k+ for the three of us for a suite.   

22 minutes ago, Sweety said:

With the extra money I saved through Royalup ,I am booking three more cruises on our Jewel cruise. I pointed out the savings to my hubby. I am making sure we have the magical card with his name on it.

I like your logic. It sounds like you couldn’t afford not to book the additional sailings. Cruise math is interesting. 

While Royal Up is so addictive I have made in total 12 bids since joining this game some minimum some max & never have I even had a bid "locked" that I can remember. To add insult to injury, my last 2 sailings I received my thanks but no thanks notification first night of cruise during dinner service, yes feeling super sorry for myself. 

So my plan is I am going to book a Star Class cabin for the 3 of us when the 2023 summer is released, I am going to choose something Mr. Cabash loves, Aruba perhaps and just tell him minimal about the cabin, oh it has a balcony and two bathrooms and when he asks "how much did it cost?" I'm going to tell him minus the 750.00 deposit and drone on about how expensive it is to sail now, costs of everything going up you know! 

It will be 2023 by the time the devil gets his due so I will start stashing some extra monies now so when it's time I can pay in full for my Star Class experience. Good plan, no? Oh, and it's still cheaper than DCL! Yes, that will work, wish me LUCK!

34 minutes ago, Neesa said:

So my plan is I am going to book a Star Class cabin for the 3 of us when the 2023 summer is released, I am going to choose something Mr. Cabash loves, Aruba perhaps and just tell him minimal about the cabin, oh it has a balcony and two bathrooms and when he asks "how much did it cost?" I'm going to tell him minus the 750.00 deposit and drone on about how expensive it is to sail now, costs of everything going up you know! 

Love that!  I was just telling @Jaxthat suite snobs will do just about anything to justify the cause.  I love your plan!

So, finally got our WS GTY assignment... a JS on Deck 6.  Meh.  The balcony is as big as they come for JS so that's a plus.  I've done the max bids on the GS1 and GS2, and a strong bid on OS and AQS1 so we'll see.... There's definitely inventory there for GS1 and OS.  I will report back... Wish me luck!!! 

With the Royal Up, they are offering suites with are sold out. We tend to do a mock booking to see what is really available before considering a bid. To date have not made any offers as are happy with the cabin types and locations we have booked but will try the Royal Up on an upcoming Odyssey and Freedom sailing and see. I won't bid much so doubt I will snag a bargain but with the change in procols, people may cancel. 

One thing we have done is when trying to get into a Star Class, we look at the price of what we paid for the drink package, internet and any specialty dinning that we had planned then that makes the bidding a bit easier on some of the longer cruises the totals can really add up.  

On the flip side since were are willing (sort of willing) to part with the funds for the upgrade and if we do not get the Star Suite, we take that money and we started a "RC Cruise Fund".  I really don't want the Star Class to be a YOLO.  If we get it this time yippee and if not then we are getting very close to purchasing a Star Class outright and technically it is not costing us much money that we don't really have.  I did not think this would work, it is amazing though we are getting so close...

58 minutes ago, not easy being green said:

Star Class, we look at the price of what we paid for the drink package, internet and any specialty dinning that we had planned then that makes the bidding a bit easier

@not easy being green that is a fantasic way to do it. So obvious but we never thought like this. We will add up the cost of what we paid for the various items and factor that into the bid. If we win we can cancel the cruise planner purchases. Thank you got a great suggestion

2 hours ago, not easy being green said:

One thing we have done is when trying to get into a Star Class, we look at the price of what we paid for the drink package, internet and any specialty dinning that we had planned then that makes the bidding a bit easier on some of the longer cruises the totals can really add up.  

On the flip side since were are willing (sort of willing) to part with the funds for the upgrade and if we do not get the Star Suite, we take that money and we started a "RC Cruise Fund".  I really don't want the Star Class to be a YOLO.  If we get it this time yippee and if not then we are getting very close to purchasing a Star Class outright and technically it is not costing us much money that we don't really have.  I did not think this would work, it is amazing though we are getting so close...

Yes, totally doing that. Agree. Yet the likelihood of Star Class at my $5k total cap is not so likely. I don’t even need Star.  So I’m bidding for the. GS1,  OS, GS2, AQS1.  

35 minutes ago, AAD said:

Yes, totally doing that. Agree. Yet the likelihood of Star Class at my $5k total cap is not so likely. I don’t even need Star.  

Does anyone actually NEED Star?   :::::::::::::::::::::::::: ducking! :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I am going to go out on a limb, I know I need Star... I work really hard for my vacation and we save what we can (so we can cruise).  Not living near a port much less a major airport adds a ton of $$$$ to every cruise we take.  We have been cruising since before our twins came along and now they are almost 19.  Once they are done with college we are moving to FL (hopefully cruising is still an option) then we can really start enjoying more so, with out all the extra stuff.

31 minutes ago, CruisingOz said:

We just received our Royal Up email for our upcoming Odyssey 12th Feb cruise and when I checked a mock booking, all the suites are sold out, so why bother sending an email, there is no point. 

When I got my RoyalUp email last week all suites were gone.  I bid anyway.  With yesterday's announcement on change of protocol, a bunch opened up.  So you never know.  Plus a lot more people may be testing positive right before the cruise with how transmissible the new variant is, so I figure it's worth a shot.

8 minutes ago, AAD said:

So, it happened!!!  🤩😍   CLS #1726   What do you all think of that location??  I saved about $7000 off the going rate so pretty happy...  

image.thumb.png.4e961bebf52103b6a2c42d8995fc3064.png

You'll love it.  There's almost no foot traffic back there and you can watch at least part of the Aqua Show from your balcony! Congratulations!

3 minutes ago, SebagoSue said:

Just made my first bid ever.  How do I check on the status of the bid? Thank you!

Just go back through the same link where you made your bid.  You can also try https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade but sometimes that direct link doesn't work for everyone and you need to use the original link from your email.

@SpeedNoodles  living in a home with high ceilings and 2nd story foyer also, I felt claustrophobic in the ATS  and other 1 story suites.  I would trade awkward hallways and wasted spaces anyday for the bright open feeling of any loft on 17.   The layout w/ 2 bathrooms + upper and lower level affords personal space for dressing and toiletries— def the best way to go if you’re used to separate bathrooms/dressing area/closet spaces at home. We were Deck !7 dwellers long before SC rolled out.  IMO, you still can’t beat the level of service on Deck 17 and CK.  Sometimes we just want a laid back sailing without thinking about genie interactions.  

2 hours ago, MamaShark said:

@SpeedNoodles  living in a home with high ceilings and 2nd story foyer also, I felt claustrophobic in the ATS  and other 1 story suites.  I would trade awkward hallways and wasted spaces anyday for the bright open feeling of any loft on 17.   The layout w/ 2 bathrooms + upper and lower level affords personal space for dressing and toiletries— def the best way to go if you’re used to separate bathrooms/dressing area/closet spaces at home. We were Deck !7 dwellers long before SC rolled out.  IMO, you still can’t beat the level of service on Deck 17 and CK.  Sometimes we just want a laid back sailing without thinking about genie interactions.  

^^this exactly! The ATS seems very closed off to us too. That is one of the major reasons why we love the lofts.

25 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I am having a bit of a senior moment but if you have multiple bids but one saying pending and the other says you can modify or cancel...is that normal or good?

They are all likely still "Pending" then.  You can modify the top one in the window, and then also click on the ones below to modify.  I kept changing my bids so I know it well!  😆