Two RC Ships Disembarking at PortMiami

jeffmw

We're going to be on the Freedom returning to PortMiami on Dec. 31. I just noticed that the Symphony also will be disembarking on that day. 

We scheduled a pretty tight timeline as far as our flight home (12:10 out of FLL), so getting outta there is going to have to be efficient. 

I was on the Symphony in 2019 during the holidays and the port was absolute CHAOS when we got off the ship -- hordes of people and luggage all over the sidewalk and the curb, spilling out into the street with no organization or protocol at all. Limos and busses and Ubers all jammed in and impossible to get out. 

With the massive Symphony and the Freedom unloading at the same time, should I be concerned? Do they all dump off at the same place? Have they done anything to make post-cruise transportation more efficient than it was a couple years ago?

Royal tends to use terminal G when terminal A is already in use.  

Symphony will get terminal A due to her size so they'll likely send Freedom to terminal G. 

If G is in use they could use any of the shared terminals.  All of the original Miami terminals were shared terminals owned by the port.  Only the newer, recently built terminals were paid for by a cruise line including terminal A for Royal.  As part of that deal they have preferential berthing rights to terminal A but even so, if Royal wasn't using terminal A and all other terminals were used, the port could request that another line use terminal A that day.   It's unlikely that would happen but it could. 

Chances are terminals C through F would be used for Freedom if Royal's "normal" alternate terminal G was not available.  

10 minutes ago, jeffmw said:

We're going to be on the Freedom returning to PortMiami on Dec. 31. I just noticed that the Symphony also will be disembarking on that day. 

We scheduled a pretty tight timeline as far as our flight home (12:10 out of FLL), so getting outta there is going to have to be efficient. 

I was on the Symphony in 2019 during the holidays and the port was absolute CHAOS when we got off the ship -- hordes of people and luggage all over the sidewalk and the curb, spilling out into the street with no organization or protocol at all. Limos and busses and Ubers all jammed in and impossible to get out. 

With the massive Symphony and the Freedom unloading at the same time, should I be concerned? Do they all dump off at the same place? Have they done anything to make post-cruise transportation more efficient than it was a couple years ago?

They won't be at the same terminal. It should be business as usual. Just walk off your luggage and you should have plenty of time.

I transferred from Oasis (Terminal A) to Jewel (Terminal G) on Thanksgiving weekend without any issues.  Terminals A and G are far apart from each other for any holiday madness from the Symphony to impact your boarding on the Freedom.  If you’re used to modern terminals, be prepared to be underwhelmed with Terminal G.