Order double what you'll need BinoxNOW proctored test kits!

We received six at-home test kits from the Optum store. Unfortunately, they were going to expire before we needed them (Optum store mistake, they refunded us. That's another thread.) Anyway, we decided to use one of them before they expired as DH had exposure at work. We followed the directions to a "T" and waited 15 minutes. Then we realized it. There was no test strip on the inside of the card. Thankfully, we have extras. Just a long way of saying, order double what you need!

He is negative.

We bought 6, we used 2 for our cruise in September and all worked well. We went to use another for our cruise in November and got Inconclusive, the test never registered. We were contacted by Emed and they sent us a replacement, the weird things is they sent us 6 more, but now they are all going to expire before our cruise in April. The new ones will expire their 12 month expiration in March, you would think they would have sent new ones, Guess they have a crap load of expiring soon. Look at the EXP and MFG dates when you get yours and I do agree get a couple extra just in case.

33 minutes ago, MarkusB said:

We got ours on Monday, just checking the expiration date. As far as I can see this, they are already expired 😞

Had anybody similar issues and how did you get this fixed?

They are good three months past the expiration date (it should have had some verbiage to this on the order page).

image.thumb.png.69d14f45d539e8358694f26344a57c6e.png

These tests that *are not* sold through Royal Caribbean are the same as the ones that *are* sold through RC, right?  

https://www.emed.com/products/covid-at-home-testkit-six-pack?hsLang=en

We are a family of five.  I'm thinking that these six tests, to be potentially done on Christmas, in combination with a pharmacy visit on the 24th, should get us on the Oasis on the 26th.  Right?  Now, I've just got to convince my 6 year old to stop licking doorknobs.

Kidding (I hope)

7 hours ago, MarkusB said:

We got ours on Monday, just checking the expiration date. As far as I can see this, they are already expired 😞

Had anybody similar issues and how did you get this fixed?

I called the Optum store and they refunded us the money paid and said to keep the 6 test kits (the kits had one expiration date +3 months, the website stated another). They owned up to the mistake. The kit that was missing the testing strip was from the Optum store. We ordered a 6 pack from eMed and had no problems (hopefully, as we haven't opened them, yet). I would highly recommend ordering two per person. Had we ordered just one, we would have been screwed (we are testing on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day) as nobody in our town will offer testing on those two days. We cruise on the 26th.