Gratuities

I wanted to share this story, my Wife and I have been together 10 years. We went on her first cruise last week and she wasn't happy about the $30 usd a day ($40 ish Canadian dollars) for gratuities. I didn't say much before the cruise and her plan was to go and reduce the gratuities at guest services.

To clarify, I love her very much! She hasn't travelled much, this was my 3rd cruise and I have travelled a lot in the past. Day 1 she questioned why I was leaving cash tips for our lovely room attendant and still keeping reduced tips. I still didn't say too much because I was certain I knew the ending.

As the cruise went on she was going on and on about all of the wonderful people being so great. We had great conversations with many of them in the Windjammer, main dining room, hallway etc. 

Our 2nd last day we were relaxing on Deck 12 at night and she said you know what...I feel so bad that I even considered reducing the tips and if anything we should give more. That was an amazing moment watching her come to the realization 🙂

I never judged or faulted her for feeling that way, but I knew she would change her mind!