How long does it take to transfer a booking to a TA?

bazingau

ETA: Thanks everyone! My TA was able to find the reservations in her system so we are all set (neither myself nor my TA received the confirmation email).

Hello, this is my first Royal Caribbean cruise, and I found a lovely TA after I made my original RCCL booking over Black Friday. I talked to my new TA who confirmed with RCCL that I should fill out the TA transfer form online and wait. The RCCL rep told my TA that usually we won’t have to wait the full 5-7 business days and they are processing them more quickly than that (about 2 business days). However, now the 7 business days is just past, and we will haven’t heard from Royal Caribbean. Does anyone have experience with how long this transfer process actually takes? And at what point do we need to reach out to RCCL in case it got lost in the shuffle somewhere? Maybe they’re busy due to the BF/CM deals, and I did receive an automated email at the time of the transfer confirming my request, so I know they at least received it. But then I don’t know why they would tell us to check back after a couple days which adds to the confusion. (The cruise itself isn’t for another 3 months, if that factors into anything.) Thanks in advance for any insight!

When we tx to a TA, we tell them the booking # and other pertinent info, and it happens fairly quickly after that. After the 5-7 business days, your TA should confirm that they have received the booking, and if they haven't THEY should reach out to Royal.  The whole point is that the TA does the heavy lifting for you

When I’ve transferred bookings to my travel agent (5 times now), I send her reservation booking number, date, and who is sailing. She takes care of the rest.  I usually see a email from Royal confirming the change in about 2 business days. I don’t even know what the TA transfer form looks like.

The process is generally simple- sometimes it takes 2 days, sometimes all 7 (I'm waiting on one now that has been 7 and is not complete for some reason). But the TA never gets the notification, the guest does, but the TA does not.

What I personally do is initiate the transfer, and then set a calendar reminder for 2 days later. If it's not there, then I move that reminder until the next day. 

Your TA can check it manually if it's there.

8 minutes ago, bazingau said:

Thank you. That’s what she attempted to do before, but the RCCL rep told her that only I can initiate the transfer. (Which is how then I got involved.) I’ll ask her to reach back out to RCCL and see if she can move this along. So weird!!

This isn't true, but if you want to the form is here https://rccl.secure.force.com/directtransfers/DTTRoyal

1 hour ago, teddy said:

To add to what others have said, our agent has told us we can just forward her a copy of the booking that Royal emails us, and she takes care of the rest. 

Royal may not actually send you a copy of the booking. Previously, whenever I booked on their website I would immediately receive a guest copy by email but the most recent time all I received was an e-mail saying they confirmed receipt of the deposit for booking number such-and-such.

I sent that number to Michelle and once she had control of the booking she was able to send me the copy. But she handled the entire process just fine only with the booking number.