Cozumel

KyleW22

17 hours ago, KyleW22 said:

What’s your favorite thing to do in Cozumel?

We normally dive but decided to go a different route this trip, but not sure what yet. Thanks in advance!

My son and I have done a horseback riding excursion offered through Royal.  My wife and I generally just take a cab downtown, shop a little.  Next trip we will visit the museum.  A lot of members have posted about going to various beaches (paying a fee for a package of services).  

Our advice is to avoid the jewelry shopping trip sponsored by the shopping consultant unless you are just there for a free drink -- the net prices are really not very good.  It can be fun to drink, participate in a drawing, and perhaps buy a trinket, but buyer beware on more expensive items.

Just got back from Coz. Been there many times. Snorkeling at the national park is always fun.  Two years ago my wife and I did the Secret River tour. It was fantastic, so much so that we tried to book it again this year when we took our adult children. Alas, they have an age limit (65) through the ship and we couldn't book it privately. We had turned 66 since the last time.  As a fall back we ended up doing the Cozumel Bar Hop. It was fun (some people on our hop had done it half a dozen times) but it rained the whole time.

In the past we've rented a jeep and toured by ourselves,  hired a driver w/beach/wild side bar stop, snorkeled at the national park, hired a snorkeling tour right off the beach and did an all day beach resort. All of those were fun.

• 2 weeks later...

I went on a Viator/Trip Advisor Farm to Table Excursion in Cozumel, it was excellent; but I work in agriculture, enjoy meeting growers and farmers, and love to cook and try new foods. If you are not willing to be around farm animals and cannot walk on uneven surfaces, this tour is not for you. But if you want to see multiple varieties of what I call "orchard" crops from shrubs and trees, at a farm owned by a Mayan descendant family, and learn how to prepare a few recipes for drinks, snacks, and a meal then this is for  you. I met my driver just outside the port, and I went in a clean, modern vehicle with AC to the farm. I met the host and his father and had a lovely time touring the farm and preparing food. All food prep and cooking was done outside - the entire tour was outside. Flush toilettes were available and clean. Hand sanitizer and soap and water were available. The driver then took me back to the port. I participated solo, I believe he said they accept up to 6 or 8 people. 

IMG_1287.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

We did the Punta Sur Excursion - and really enjoyed it.   1/2 hour ride south, alligators, light house, then beach and lunch and snorkeling - was really enjoyable and not too many people.   The guides were absolutely amazing - so friendly, and informative (and didn't make you feel like they were being nice just to get tipped which I sometimes feel), and they were so passionate about Cozumel.    We learned a lot.   We chilled out, and most importantly I had my toes in the sand.  Booked through RCCL

35 minutes ago, DJsMrs said:

We did the Punta Sur Excursion - and really enjoyed it.   1/2 hour ride south, alligators, light house, then beach and lunch and snorkeling - was really enjoyable and not too many people.   The guides were absolutely amazing - so friendly, and informative (and didn't make you feel like they were being nice just to get tipped which I sometimes feel), and they were so passionate about Cozumel.    We learned a lot.   We chilled out, and most importantly I had my toes in the sand.  Booked through RCCL

Sounds interesting, may do this myself in a couple of weeks.

Some questions:

1. By 'not many people' - about how many was that? 
  2. What ship were you on?
  3. How crowded was the port that day?
  4. How good was the snorkeling?

53 minutes ago, TickledBlue said:

Sounds interesting, may do this myself in a couple of weeks.

Some questions:

1. By 'not many people' - about how many was that? 
  2. What ship were you on?
  3. How crowded was the port that day?
  4. How good was the snorkeling?

1.   13 on the excursion - but bus/truck could have fit at least double that, possibly even triple

2.  Harmony of the Seas (last week before Christmas)

3.  5 ships

4.  They had a little tour that takes you out to the 2nd largest reef on earth (fun fact I learned on the tour).   Lots to see - a bit of a swim to get out there... but absolutely worth it.

• 3 weeks later...