scuba--covid protocols

rfsdvm

Being fully vaccinated/boostered, I feel fairly safe onboard and in open air excursions, 

but my wife/I had intended to do the certified scuba excursions at CocoCay and St Thomas,

but now find ourselves wondering about the sanitization of the provided BCD/regulator/etc.

anyone done scuba since the restart?   Did you feel equipment was adequately sanitized?

Thanks!

Personally just having the saltwater in contact with the gear I feel it will be pretty well safe. The only thing I would even remotely worry about is the 2nd stage regulator and a good dunk before using it in any way should clear it up. 

With that said I carry my own gear and did dives in Roatan twice and Costa Maya once while on my B2B. No issues for me at all. The only dive booked through Royal was my first dive in Roatan and it was packed with people on a little bus which is probably the point with most of the risk. My second trip on Roatan booked through my travel agency was just me riding in a van with a local and my excursion in Costa Maya was a taxi ride by myself to the dive site and I shared a ride with someone on the way back. 

Just got back from a cruise,  Coco Cay, Cozumel, Costa Maya and Roatan. I tried to book Coco Cay but it was filled. Ended up diving in Roatan and Costa Maya privately.  No problem using their equipment although my wife insisted that I spray everything down with disinfectant/sanitizer before using it. Both my wife (who didn't dive) and I got tested when we got back just in case because we both elderly mothers in an assisted living facilities that we visit often.