xSAILEDx Oasis of the Seas - Feb 6, 2022 (Perfect Day & W. Caribbean)

Iluv4n6

We are excited to be bringing some extended family members along on with us on this western Caribbean itinerary that includes Roatan, Honduras, our first visit to that port.  (After searching through 16 pages of roll calls, I think I saw every Oasis sailing for early next year except this one -- Ashley, please merge us with an existing roll call for this sailing if one exists.)

Looking forward to meeting any other bloggers who are on this sailing!

Roger & Carol Miller

On 12/6/2021 at 2:25 PM, AshleyDillo said:

With a screenname like that you definitely need to meet up with my buddy, Roger, on this sailing! @Iluv4n6

Thanks, @AshleyDillo...I think!  Not sure if we are doing the deluxe package for this cruise, LOL...but we will be eligible for Diamond drinks for the first time.  😀 

@Cruisin and Boozin we are envious of your B2B!  Sounds like you will get the eastern and western Caribbean experience in one cruise vacation.  Really looking forward to cruising on the upgraded Oasis, even if it no longer has a Champagne Bar.  We have to try a B2B one of these days...

Carol is friends with one of the lead characters in the musical on this cruise who we first met on Oasis in Feb 2018.  He was able to to get back under a new contract with RC on the same ship, so it will be fun to reconnect.  

Anything about the ship or cruise(s) that is getting you most excited?

4 hours ago, Cruisin and Boozin said:

@Iluv4n6  There aren’t any one thing that we are getting excited or looking forward to. We love Oasis and everything about it. Just being able to cruise again after shut down is wonderful.

We hear you on that.  We've had the opportunity to go on Allure and Harmony since the restart (awesome ships and cruises), and are excited about our next cruise being on the namesake of the Oasis class!  Can't wait to see the upgrades.

On 12/14/2021 at 7:15 PM, redjackrose said:

My name is Jackie I’m a first time cruiser and I’m doing it solo!!!! 

Fantastic, @redjackrose!  My wife and I will never forget the rush of emotions the first time we stepped onto Oasis back in early 2018 after not having cruised in almost a decade...we were blown away by the size, the neighborhoods, the entertainment venues...pretty much everything.  You picked an awesome ship for your first cruise!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We and our traveling companions just received an email that our cabins are being changed. The reason was social distancing? We had booked guaranteed but had our cabins assigned. We are getting $109 OBC. 
Anyone else have this happen?

Our group of three family interior cabins (2 rooms with an interconnecting door) were initially moved to ocean view balconies that were spread apart on different decks.  Not workable for our daughter's family of 4.  Our travel agent noticed this issue right away and got on the phone with Royal and (thankfully) was able to change the reservations so we are all on the same deck and side of the ship, and our daughter's family has next-door balcony cabins.  (They can have the room steward open the balcony divider so their cabins end up being connected.)  No OBC, but we'll take the nice room upgrade.

This was a little nerve-racking to say the least when I saw the change in cabin reservations.  But shout out to Sharla at MEI for being able to fix this room snafu for us.  So glad we are using an experienced travel agent!

Now we just need to stay safe for another few days and all test negative Friday morning...that's up there on the nerve-racking scale, too!

On 1/29/2022 at 3:57 PM, scary43 said:

We and our traveling companions just received an email that our cabins are being changed. The reason was social distancing? We had booked guaranteed but had our cabins assigned. We are getting $109 OBC. 
Anyone else have this happen?

I've seen several other mentions of this. Basically they sometimes have to use entire sections of a deck for new crew quarantine and so any assigned guest cabins in that block will be relocated. Enjoy the OBC for the "inconvenience".

Successfully completed the Covid testing gauntlet this morning for our group.  Maybe not as momentous as the feeling of your first beverage after completion of the old-fashioned muster drill--when you can finally kick back and say, yes, my vacation has really started--but it still feels great to be passed this potential vacation roadblock.  And we can expect a sunny sail-away in just over 48 hours from now!! The family will be blown away by Oasis!  

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Oasis of the Seas - Feb 6, 2022 (Perfect Day & W. Caribbean)