MDR Maximum Table Size

SebagoSue

We have 10 family members taking a holiday cruise on Oasis.  I emailed RCLdining@rccl.com this morning to confirm our request for a table for 10 in the main dining room.  (We all have the late seating.)

I was told since Covid, the maximum table size is 8.  Has anyone had any experience with this recently? I plan to go immediately to the MDR upon boarding to see what can be done and was wondering if anyone here had seen this size table being used since the return.

Thank you so much for your help.

Pre-pandemic, we had a group of 14 on Oasis, and had no problems.  They just slid about 4 tables end-to-end and made one long table for us.  I've also did this on Harmony (again, pre-pandemic) with 16 and they did the same thing.  Early seating in the MDR for both...  Wondering if the 8-pax maximum is a new covid-related requirement?

7 minutes ago, MarvinS said:

Pre-pandemic, we had a group of 14 on Oasis, and had no problems.  They just slid about 4 tables end-to-end and made one long table for us.  I've also did this on Harmony (again, pre-pandemic) with 16 and they did the same thing.  Early seating in the MDR for both...  Wondering if the 8-pax maximum is a new covid-related requirement?

Yes, in all honesty don't expect much to be the same as it was pre-covid. 

But to the OP it might be possible to get a table for 10 when you board. I underline might because RCG is not consistent with its rules. I just read a blog about a group of 9 travelling together and they had a table for them in the MDR. Now they were travelling in Sky class on Allure and 5 of the 9 were kids. So, in the unvax dining section this might be doable. Also, kids take up less space so maybe that's why they allowed nine. You may luck out and be allowed at 2 tables.