Travel Insurance / COVID

jeffmw

Looking to get thoughts on travel insurance and COVID for a cruise we're taking on Dec. 27.

Two questions:

• We're from Ohio so we'd typically always get travel insurance because the weather can be dicey in the winter and you never know when a flight or other delays could impact a trip. However, this year we'll be in Florida for a full week prior to the cruise so we're not worried about missing the boat or luggage issues. Do you still think it's worth it to get insurance?
  • My whole family is vaccinated, but we are worried there could be a freak situation where one of us tests positive for COVID prior to the cruise and can't go. Does RC include any coverage or assistance in this instance? If not, is there separate COVID insurance you'd recommend?

Thanks!

17 minutes ago, jeffmw said:

My whole family is vaccinated, but we are worried there could be a freak situation where one of us tests positive for COVID prior to the cruise and can't go. Does RC include any coverage or assistance in this instance? If not, is there separate COVID insurance you'd recommend?

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-i-test-positive-for-sars-cov-2-what-is-your-refund-policy-and-costs-covered

If I test positive for COVID-19 right before my cruise, at the terminal, or on the cruise, what is your refund policy and what associated costs are covered?

Vaccinated guests and children not yet eligible to be vaccinated who are sailing on or before April 30, 2022 will have the following COVID-19 Assistance at no extra charge. 

• 100% cruise fare refund for you, and your Travelling Party, if any of you tests positive for COVID-19 within 14 days prior to the cruise or at the boarding terminal. 
  • Pro-rated cruise fare refund if your cruise is cut short for reasons related to COVID-19. 
  • If you test positive for COVID-19 during the cruise, Royal Caribbean will cover the costs of COVID-19 related medical treatment onboard, any required land-based quarantine, and travel home for you and your Traveling Party.