Certificate of Recovery (Covid)

cruiserccl

Hi. Quick question - Sorry if this has been asked before.

But if someone has recovered from covid a month ago, would they be able to use a certificate of recovery to show the reason they would test positive for the pre-cruise testing (assuming they do test positive)?

They are fully vaccinated and no children (no contact with unvaccinated people). They're afraid they would test positive when they take the pre-cruise test.

I thought they would not be able to cruise but I thought I would double check.

Any info would be very much appreciated.

20 minutes ago, D Alt said:

I believe you still have to show a negative test 

So...regardless of why they test positive (even if it's due to previous covid infection), they would not be able to cruise?

That's what I thought, but when they mentioned it, I realized I have no clue so I looked it up and Royal only says that they will not accept it in place of a vaccination certificate...but no mention of possibly testing positive because of it.

42 minutes ago, cruiserccl said:

So...regardless of why they test positive (even if it's due to previous covid infection), they would not be able to cruise?

That's what I thought, but when they mentioned it, I realized I have no clue so I looked it up and Royal only says that they will not accept it in place of a vaccination certificate...but no mention of possibly testing positive because of it.

You have to have a negative test, no exceptions. 
There is no way to determine the true reason for a positive test (post recovery VS new active infection) 

48 minutes ago, Kathleen said:

They might consider doing some at home covid tests or signing up for a test at a near by provider to see where they stand currently as to whetther positive or negative. This will give them an idea as to whether this will be an issue as the cruise draws near. 

I suggested the same thing. I directed them to the same place my family ordered at home antigen tests. It's not official but it would give them an idea. 

I did mention to them that my family would be using it to test before we actually go to our pre-cruise testing location...that way we can cancel and save the $40/person if we're positive.