Empress Nov 28 Deal or Glitch at $70 solo in a junior suite!

davelliott

Has anybody seen this deal or is it a glitch?  I was wondering if anybody had looked at a junior suite on the November 28th sailing?  Has anybody booked it?

Michael Poole?

I was just looking around and found a single rate of $70 for junior suite, but when I clicked through to the end, it jumped to $400.50!

I have uploaded two screen shots to show what I found.

post-4438-0-90026800-1477164072_thumb.jpg

post-4438-0-70261400-1477164083_thumb.jpg

I've seen several of these in the last few weeks. These were prices listed for single occupancy after selecting the number of travelers

And room type. Some were inside cabins for 7 nights at $295 before taxes. Others were balcony or junior suites for $195. In all cases the price jumped dramatically after selecting the specific room number and attempting to complete

the booking.

So it's not just you. I've seen some of these. It has to be a glitch of some sort.

Eric reeves

Today it is showing as $140 pp and per cabin if pricing one person.  It even shows that on the next couple of screens when you select the section of the ship and then the deck.  However it then "updates" to around $400.  That is what the agent told me was the actual price.  She said that the first price you see online is not a real price.

Today it is showing as $140 pp and per cabin if pricing one person.  It even shows that on the next couple of screens when you select the section of the ship and then the deck.  However it then "updates" to around $400.  That is what the agent told me was the actual price.  She said that the first price you see online is not a real price.

That $70 pp rate is a bit confusing.  It's really $140 per night, but breaks it down to a per-person rate to sound better.  

It is much more confusing with the BOGO rates, because it knows the real final price, calculates the BOGO and then displays an average. I think most people think that per-night rate of $70 is the pre-discount rated, but it's actually the post-discounted rate.

Has anybody seen this deal or is it a glitch?  I was wondering if anybody had looked at a junior suite on the November 28th sailing?  Has anybody booked it?

Michael Poole?

I was just looking around and found a single rate of $70 for junior suite, but when I clicked through to the end, it jumped to $400.50!

I have uploaded two screen shots to show what I found.

I've actually seen this a lot recently, shows one price and then at checkout it's double.  This seems to happen when they run these WOW sales, ect.  I tend to have my TA get me a price or call in for the "true" price.   

Ps.  Dying to get back on Empress!