Sailing with birth certificate only and contracts covid?

egd207

Can they charter a private plane to bring your home without a passport?  I honestly don't know.  If not, I imagine they would still pay for your flight home but that flight won't happen until you visit the local embassy and arrange for an expedited passport.  That's going to take some time.  The question is who would pay for your hotel while waiting for that passport.  The cost of a passport is far less than the inconvenience of being stuck in a foreign country.

When we check in now the only option for travel certificate available for us is a passport, no birth certificate and not even a passport card. I saw folks sail on a birth certificate this year but it was on an Alaska cruise where we did not port anywhere but in the US.

7 hours ago, egd207 said:

Does anyone know if someone sailed with a birth certificate only and they contracted covid on the ship would RC be able to fly them home as they state they would do.  Or will they be unable to fly due to lack of passport.

Presumably they wouldn’t be able to determine someone contracted Covid until tested onboard (children under 12 only) at the tail end of the cruise. Wouldn’t RC just quarantine them until they are back to home port the following day? On Harmony the kids didn’t get tested until we were on the last day of our voyage in coco cay. I can’t imagine if the test results were positive they we would have been stranded in coco cay waving goodbye to the Harmony.