Phone/getting around the ship

levib2

The Royal App is great, showing everything there is to do onboard ship.  Question is though, on Radiance class ships is there any other way to see what is happening rather than carrying a phone with you everywhere?  I seem to remember on some ships there being "boards" where you could push a button and see what's going on.

1 hour ago, levib2 said:

The Royal App is great, showing everything there is to do onboard ship.  Question is though, on Radiance class ships is there any other way to see what is happening rather than carrying a phone with you everywhere?  I seem to remember on some ships there being "boards" where you could push a button and see what's going on.

You still get the cruise compass everyday which you can take with you .

RC has made it difficult to go w/o your phone. It’s possible but your going to lose out on many things that require last minute booking or rescheduling. Waiting in line at guest services is no longer a thing. I would bet the ranch that the space that occupies guest services, next cruise and the shore excursion desk will be phased out and turn into another bar or restaurant in future dry dock/new ships. 

22 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

RC has made it difficult to go w/o your phone. It’s possible but your going to lose out on many things that require last minute booking or rescheduling. Waiting in line at guest services is no longer a thing. I would bet the ranch that the space that occupies guest services, next cruise and the shore excursion desk will be phased out and turn into another bar or restaurant in future dry dock/new ships. 

I have seen absolutely zero difference in the operations of the guest service, next cruise, shore excursion area of the ship as compared to pre pandemic, in the 3 weeks I have been onboard since the restart. 

32 minutes ago, TXcruzer said:

I have seen absolutely zero difference in the operations of the guest service, next cruise, shore excursion area of the ship as compared to pre pandemic, in the 3 weeks I have been onboard since the restart. 

Perhaps not but using your phone has been made the clearly preferred method by RC moving forward. 

33 minutes ago, TXcruzer said:

I experienced the exact opposite. Nobody at all waiting in line at guest services on Harmony during holiday sailing. 

8 hours ago, levib2 said:

Yes, there are touch-screen boards in the hallways that you tap to find out what's going on. Did not carry my phone everywhere with me and used these to refresh my memory of the things I wanted to do during the day. I am old, slow, use my smart phone to it's fullest potential and constantly when on land and stuff it in the safe turned off so folks at work and home have to figure out how to do things on their own while I am away on vacation.

2 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Perhaps not but using your phone has been made the clearly preferred method by RC moving forward. 

2 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

I experienced the exact opposite. Nobody at all waiting in line at guest services on Harmony during holiday sailing. 

Interesting, on LOTS for Thanksgiving weekend, everything was pretty normal in that part of the ship.  We received paper cruise compasses and paper menus at all times; after making entertainment reservations and muster drill upon boarding, we didn't use our phones much at all the entire week.