Alaskan Cruise - May, 2022 - Ovation Cabin Questions

Ky Leigh

I have a cruise booked to Alaska in May.  It is an eight night cruise that begins in Vancouver and ends in Seattle.  We will be in room 13644 which is a large balcony cabin.  The best I can tell, our room is on the starboard side.  Any thoughts as to whether it matters which side of the ship you are on?  I have always read that it didn't matter because both sides saw the glaciers and all of the scenery either on the way in or the way out.  However, I have watched several vlogs lately where, for some reason the ship didn't end up turning totally around when seeing the glaciers.  People were waiting on their balcony for the ship to turn so they could see and it just didn't happen.  

Any thoughts on this?  Thanks in advance!!

2 hours ago, Ky Leigh said:

I have a cruise booked to Alaska in May.  It is an eight night cruise that begins in Vancouver and ends in Seattle.  We will be in room 13644 which is a large balcony cabin.  The best I can tell, our room is on the starboard side.  Any thoughts as to whether it matters which side of the ship you are on?  I have always read that it didn't matter because both sides saw the glaciers and all of the scenery either on the way in or the way out.  However, I have watched several vlogs lately where, for some reason the ship didn't end up turning totally around when seeing the glaciers.  People were waiting on their balcony for the ship to turn so they could see and it just didn't happen.  

Any thoughts on this?  Thanks in advance!!

We are booked on that cruise too!

• 2 months later...