Fit to Fly testing available on board?

Ian T

We are booked on Anthem out of Bayonne next Sunday (Dec 12th) and returning to the UK after disembarking on 24th.

Just when we thought we had everything covered the UK Govt has just announced that we will need to show a negative COVID test result from max. 48 hours prior to leaving as a condition for getting back home.

I seem to recall that some time back RC announced that they would provide testing where it is required for guests to return home. Is my memory correct? Does anyone know whether it will be possible to get tested whilst on board in order to meet this requirement?

Many thanks

33 minutes ago, Ray said:

Thats good to know! 

@Ian T just a heads up that the PLF on the UK.Gov site for re-entering the UK is a bloody nightmare! 

Also if flying BA or parnter companies ignore Verifly emails complete waste of time 

Yeah, I recall having fun and games with the PLF when coming back from Menorca a couple of months back.

We are travelling Virgin. We have LFTs booked with Expresstest at LHR a couple of hours before we fly out. Still seeking confirmation from RC that they meet the criteria for boarding but as they are good enough for entry into the US we are expecting them to be.

We also have PCR tests booked upon landing for the return so are hoping we have it all covered. We are a party of 6 so it is proving to be an expensive exercise but we are determined to go ahead with the trip!