formal dining

Phillip

Hmm, @melmar02, my invoice looks different and doesn't mention formal nights. We're on an 8 night sailing on Enchantment of the Seas out of Baltimore on December 23. It's her return to sailing so there are no comparable cruise compasses, but I'm willing to take it as it comes.

Just as a side note, my wife and I were on Serenade of the Seas in October, and they were rebranding formal night as "dress to impress." Personally that's too much pressure--I can fit in with any dress code, but I'm never going to impress anyone!

This is one request I would like to make from Royal.  I'm the type of guest who would like to be able to dress up for the occasion.  I wish they'd say pre-cruise what themed nights, dinners, and parties they'll be holding on the cruise. I don't want to have to rely on past CCs to find out what to pack.

This is me dressed up as a pirate on a Disney Cruise:

image.thumb.png.9ebfdbd7b089039bc85fb2543f2baa78.png  image.thumb.png.6fffcf679b0fb55e1ca3f929d62c824d.png

Note, my eyes are closed in the picture on the left

1 hour ago, PG Cruiser said:

This is one request I would like to make from Royal.  I'm the type of guest who would like to be able to dress up for the occasion.  I wish they'd say pre-cruise what themed nights, dinners, and parties they'll be holding on the cruise. I don't want to have to rely on past CCs to find out what to pack.

image.thumb.png.9ebfdbd7b089039bc85fb2543f2baa78.png  image.thumb.png.6fffcf679b0fb55e1ca3f929d62c824d.png

That outfit sure looks fine to me for formal night.

8 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

I have seen some in kilts but I have yet to see someone in military (dress) attire.

From the bygone era when formal night meant something. 🤣 Apologies for the glare/reflection from the frame.  Based on the ring and the rank (and baby faces), this must be 2002.

20211208_170527.jpg

On 12/5/2021 at 1:13 PM, PG Cruiser said:

I'd wear the pirate outfit to Formal night, no problem!!