Consistent testing rules

APM

Cruised in August on Odyssey after cruising reopened. Probed negative Covid status with a test from your he county health department and results presented on a government form with county letterhead.

Followed the same protocol for a 3 day cruise leaving today. Denied entry because they considered the identical form to be a hand-written note this time around. Charged $105 times 3 loyal cruisers because their inconsistent policies.

great start 

I mean they've all been changing and they are absolutely clear about it on their website... You can't miss it. I get it's stressful but the requirements everywhere have changed and I mean other putting neon flashing signs I don't get how they can be more clear.

I mean even posts on this forum have had people painstakingly documenting their process for the benefit of others.

No disrespect but I find it unfair to blame Royal when they do try to educate and end emails regularly.

I would say it’s the context.. military background, a form filled out is not a hand written note. A hand written note is what is scribbled on a prescription pad.

Their rules say it can be a printed document. If they will only accept machine generated forms, they should be clear.

And to your larger point, the royal rep today said every ship is different in what they will accept.

My take is they are looking for a "Lab" generated report.

Having that same "Military Background" now retired, I might consider a letter on "County Letterhead" the equivalent of a "hand-written note".

I qualify the above with since I haven't seen the document, can't really judge.

Just glad they let you test on site and could still cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

After corresponding with Royal corporate and pointing out that: 

1) my vaccination card is also a hand written government form Which they gladly accept as acceptable documentation, and

2) my spouse embarked harmony on Sunday with the exact same dept of health paperwork

they will be refunding me the $315 for the on site tests

18 hours ago, APM said:

After corresponding with Royal corporate and pointing out that: 

1) my vaccination card is also a hand written government form Which they gladly accept as acceptable documentation, and

2) my spouse embarked harmony on Sunday with the exact same dept of health paperwork

they will be refunding me the $315 for the on site tests

Thanks for coming back and letting us know your result.

The other thing this shows is exactly how inconsistent each port's processes can be.

Make sure that you go through the process with Royal Caribbean BEFORE complaining. I have had issues with them at times and always felt they worked it out to my satisfaction. Every company will have employees, etc. make errors and they deserve a chance to fix them. I think this  is especially true in this environment. Royal has worked very hard to get people back to cruising and has tried to make it as painless for us as possible. It isn't there fault that the rules they have to follow keep changing.

My original post want complaining, it was meant to solicit if any others had been impacted by such vague guidance. 

And the documentation requirements are wholly Royal Caribbean's to determine.

i did notice that in todays newest guidance they removed the restriction on “hand written” documentation.