shore excursion canceled in Puerto Costa Maya suggestions on what to do??

roiemike

I received an email this afternoon telling me that the excursion I had booked to go to the waterpark had been canceled due to operational issues.  I understand that no one has control over these things at Royal Caribbean but am looking for some suggestions of nice things to do in this port. Any and all advice will be gladly taken, thanks Mike

If you aren’t required to take a ships excursion, we loved just walking down the shopping strip, forget what it’s called.  It was a $2 shuttle ride or a just slightly more taxi ride. It’s along the beach with great outdoor restaurants & bars.  The locals will try to entice you to their shops but we found them very friendly and not really pushy.  Bought some gorgeous stoneware, wish I bought more!

17 hours ago, roiemike said:

I received an email this afternoon telling me that the excursion I had booked to go to the waterpark had been canceled due to operational issues.  I understand that no one has control over these things at Royal Caribbean but am looking for some suggestions of nice things to do in this port. Any and all advice will be gladly taken, thanks Mike

The Chacchoben ruins are interesting.  Having done that before, we will probably just visit the fishing village as noted by Pooch