ONBOARD EVENTS

bjstrand

12 hours ago, bjstrand said:

I have a sailing next month on Silhouette. I am wondering what some themed events may happen during the ten days that would require a special wardrobe. Like the NCL white party or pajama parties? Thanks in advance.

Checkout whether there's a FB sailing group set up for that date.   Planned Celebrity activities  like you've brought up are discussed  a  little more.   

• 2 weeks later...

You might also like the Celebrity App ...... I'm aboard Equinox on a 12n S Caribbean itinerary currently ported in St Croix, USVGI. Yesterday my wife's new Android phone (Galaxy A52, 5g) was having problems withe the Celebrity App. Part of the problem was that the App requires you to select your current cruise if you have more than the one you are on registered at the Celebrity Web site under "future cruises." The App interfaces with the Celebrity Web site and the steps in changing between cruises on the Celebrity App isn't clear or straight forward. If you only have one cruise scheduled, the App defaults to it. If you have more than one, to get to the scheduled events for the cruise you're on, you have to select the one you are currently sailing on in the app on a list that appears (hard to find) in the app.  Fixed.

I had to speak to the Digital Manager to understand the process and it's importance in making the app functional while on board. The Digital Manager told me that it is corporate policy that a ship's events, like evening chic (formerly formal nights) and the kind of events you are asking about within the app 4w prior to the sail date. Not all ship's digital managers meet that policy directive but eventually, the by-day schedules for the ship you are getting ready to sail aboard become accurate. The schedules are quite complete. I think you will find what you need.

I recommend you download the Celebrity App - in fact, you have to in order to complete much of your pre-boarding requirements. It takes a while to get used to the features (unless you are under 40 and grew up with this technology). It's a great app and has improved since it was introduced maybe 3y ago. You can upload photos of your vax cards, pass ports and pre-boarding test results. It speeds up the boarding process if you are able to do this. I always recommend you print out hard copies of everything and have them organized and easily accessible. If your phone fails or you lose connectivity with the local area network, hard copies come in handy. You will also complete most of your pre-sail safety brief and life boat drill on the app.