STAR CLASS 9 night Anniversary Celebration Cruise-Anthem of the Seas February 11th-20th, 2022

Drewtastic86

So we decided that we are driving to the terminal directly. In Cape Liberty, can you pull the car up to the Star Class banners and drop off bags there? Want to avoid the slew of porters trying to take the bags. @WAAAYTOOO I know you have had experience at this terminal so maybe you have advice especially now we are not taking a shuttle or Uber.

10 hours ago, Drewtastic86 said:

So we decided that we are driving to the terminal directly. In Cape Liberty, can you pull the car up to the Star Class banners and drop off bags there? Want to avoid the slew of porters trying to take the bags. @WAAAYTOOO I know you have had experience at this terminal so maybe you have advice especially now we are not taking a shuttle or Uber.

Yes, we definitely had an issue but that is most likely b/c we were in an Uber and I seem to recall that ride shares were not permitted to go down the road in front of the terminal where the SC banner is.

I don't know for sure but feel confident that if you are in a PoV you will be able to drive right up.  I do recall that it is Section 6 and as I recall, it is all the way at the end of the terminal....so if you are NOT allowed to drive down there, it is a long walk past big crowds.  Good luck !!!!

So we are able to test tomorrow! You bet your bottom dollar I am making my husband stay up past midnight tonight so we can take the rapid tests and get our results!  I have to say, even though the tests through Royal were costly, it eases up the stress of finding a location and proper testing time.  @Jax We packed our suitcases yesterday and I have to tell you the packing cubes make a HUGE difference. My suitcase never looked more organized lol.  The beauty of this cruise is that we can drive to the port.  That means we packed mostly everything we own in our closet LOL.  Jay has been very prompt in his responses to us which is great!  We are scheduled to arrive between 10:30 and 11 a.m. on Friday.  It looks like the departure time has been pushed back an hour to 4 p.m. which is perfect because we can settle in and unpack our closet and two dressers full of shoes and clothes lol.  Wish us luck on the tests! I will check back in tomorrow!

TTFN!!!

2 hours ago, Drewtastic86 said:

So we are able to test tomorrow! You bet your bottom dollar I am making my husband stay up past midnight tonight so we can take the rapid tests and get our results!  I have to say, even though the tests through Royal were costly, it eases up the stress of finding a location and proper testing time.  @Jax We packed our suitcases yesterday and I have to tell you the packing cubes make a HUGE difference. My suitcase never looked more organized lol.  The beauty of this cruise is that we can drive to the port.  That means we packed mostly everything we own in our closet LOL.  Jay has been very prompt in his responses to us which is great!  We are scheduled to arrive between 10:30 and 11 a.m. on Friday.  It looks like the departure time has been pushed back an hour to 4 p.m. which is perfect because we can settle in and unpack our closet and two dressers full of shoes and clothes lol.  Wish us luck on the tests! I will check back in tomorrow!

TTFN!!!

Good Luck tomorrow with your test! I have Jay at the end of the month, and he has been great. Following along, thanks for all your updates!

7 hours ago, Drewtastic86 said:

That means we packed mostly everything we own in our closet LOL.  

Lucky for you, you are not restricted by airline weight limits. Lol Don’t forget about the free laundry service. I still overpack because I don’t like re wearing clothes but I love coming home with clean clothes. 

After staying up past midnight and two dropped calls later, we took or eMed tests and we are both NEGATIVE!!! Overall Royal's e-med tests were easy to complete. The proctor disconnected from each of us once but easily reconnected.  The proctor was a very specific and detailed on instructions.  I liked the overall convince of testing in this fashion.  What I did not like was having to hold the cell phone while opening the kit and showing each item to the proctor simultaneously.  I wish I had a third hand to hold the darn phone.  The proctor is helpful and patient though with user error (I would not want their job!).  Oh, and for the love of God fold the card COMPLETELY flat. I failed that one lol.  The results came through my email and the Navica app.  Jay recommend we do not solely rely on the app's copy of the results and bring a printed copy as backup.

@Jax I am all ready for laundry service!  In fact we packed a collapsible hamper thanks again to prior blogs!  I need to take a picture tomorrow of all of our luggage LOL.

I do have a question for the Star Class alumni out there.  Jay sent us our schedule yesterday.  Weeks prior, we had sent a preference document to Jay.  In that document, we let Jay know that we prefer an 8 to 8:30 dinner time.  The schedule he sent yesterday has the dinner times all over the place.  I am assuming that this is because he scheduled us to see entertainment every night (which we really do not need to do).  I feel bad to change his whole plan but some of the dining times were too early. We emailed him back asking to change the entire schedule. Is this normal for genie's having request to tweak the schedule one or more times? I get that this is his job but part of me feels bad lol. Thank you in advance!

Andrew

8 minutes ago, Drewtastic86 said:

I am assuming that this is because he scheduled us to see entertainment every night (which we really do not need to do).  I feel bad to change his whole plan but some of the dining times were too early. We emailed him back asking to change the entire schedule. Is this normal for genie's having request to tweak the schedule one or more times?

Yes, tweaks are absolutely normal. In our pre cruise communication I stated our preferred dining times, specialty dining venues, and entertainment that we wanted to see.  Then I let Shane take over the schedule from there.  A good genie takes into account the formal nights and shore excursions  and does a nice job scheduling dining and entertainment. For instance the day we went to coco cay, Shane kept the dining schedule casual with Izumi Hibachi and although our preferred dining time was 6pm, he extended it to 6:30 to accommodate a 6pm sail away.  Due to the possibility of stronger winds, he scheduled us for Aqua 80 on night 1 to avoid potential cancellations later in the week.  With the exception of Izumi Hibachi, our preferred dining times we always met. Due to the demand and buy outs of Hibachi our reservation was 30 minutes earlier one night, which we were totally fine with.  It sounds like dining times are more important than entertainment so I am sure your revised schedule will reflect this. 
Just another bit of information on the Royal app schedule. Do not worry if you see entertainment booked multiple times. Shane knew that flexibility and spontaneity was important to us so he booked all available entertainment times for all the shows. That way availability was assured if we decided to change our plans…..he really is a great genie. Our first genie didn’t link any of our reservations into the app and now that I know it can be linked I prefer it. The paper schedule is nice, but I like to see it on my app. 

1 hour ago, Drewtastic86 said:

Is this normal for genie's having request to tweak the schedule one or more times?

Yes.  Every Genie I've ever had put together an agenda before we got on board and then we changed lots of things once we boarded....and then lots of things again on the fly.  This is one of the BENEFITS of the Genie....keep that in mind.  Being able to change your plans on a whim is a GOOD thing !