Ok hubby asked about testing positive

Pooch

Yeah, I was wondering about this as well.  Since Mr. Speednoodles tested positive last week, he may still test positive in January.  Assuming I test negative, but wouldn't have been exposed for 2 months, I wouldn't feel as though I'd be exposing anyone to anything and could just no-show him.

Although going without him on the new ship with the Suite would kind of be a dick move, so I'd probably just cancel both of us.

But, double-double points. (Honey, I'm dong this FOR US).

😀

12 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Yeah, I was wondering about this as well.  Since Mr. Speednoodles tested positive last week, he may still test positive in January.  Assuming I test negative, but wouldn't have been exposed for 2 months, I wouldn't feel as though I'd be exposing anyone to anything and could just no-show him.

Although going without him on the new ship with the Suite would kind of be a dick move, so I'd probably just cancel both of us.

But, double-double points. (Honey, I'm dong this FOR US).

😀

Wouldn't that be triple-double for solo in a suite with the double points promotion?

Or would that be double-triple?

I'm guessing the scenario is one person in the party tests positive due to a recent recovery. That would probably be the result of a PCR rather than an Antigen test. I think even if the PCR is positive for the recent recoverer (?? new word) the others could go. Provided they don't share the info and the positive tester is a no-show. Still a difficult choice that I wouldn't want to make.

When this happened to us, we no showed the positive one.  However it was just under 2 weeks before sailing and everyone else in the party tested negative multiple times before we decided to go for it (with the positive quarantined the entire time).  Luckily we had travel insurance and could make a claim for the one that couldn't go.

I don't think we would have risked it had it happened any closer to sail date due to incubation time and risk of getting sick on the ship.

2 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I guess it would be double triple. And still a crappy thing to do to him.  

Just FYI, we were told by the loyalty ambassador on board that you don't get the double (or triple for suite) solo points for a no show.  It has to be booked as a solo room before sailing.  She even got with corporate to double check and they confirmed the same.

Doesn't mean we won't be calling in after the C&A points post to try again...

11 minutes ago, billdauterive said:

Just FYI, we were told by the loyalty ambassador on board that you don't get the double (or triple for suite) solo points for a no show.  It has to be booked as a solo room before sailing.  She even got with corporate to double check and they confirmed the same.

As we have learned many times before....if at first you don't get the answer you want, try try again!

3 hours ago, Matt said:

My understanding is if anyone in your travel party tests positive, you all cannot go.

Travel party is defined as who you're booked with and/or linked to in a reservation.

And, just as an intellectual exercise, how would they know?  And we are linked to my brothers reservation.  He and my nephew live 300 miles away.  I won’t have come in contact with them for 6 months prior to the cruise.  I can’t see why one of them testing positive should affect our reservation or vice versa.  Or my daughter who lives 1100 miles away.

3 minutes ago, Pooch said:

And, just as an intellectual exercise, how would they know?

I was wondering the same thing.  Unless you TELL them that the "no show" passenger tested positive (and that is why they aren't coming along) they would have no way to know the reason that they are no-showing.  There could be any number of reasons why a person no-shows for a cruise.  As long as those who DO go on the cruise test negative I don't see the problem.  Of course, leaving your sick loved one at home to fend for himself could be a problem [divorce] when you get back, but as far as the cruise line knows, he's just not comin' !

4 minutes ago, Pooch said:

And, just as an intellectual exercise, how would they know?

They wouldn't know. I think the only case where this applies is for the testing of the unvaccinated children at embarkation or if you want a refund for the person that tests positive.  They can't just refund a single cruise fare for a positive test.

The impetus is to do the right thing and choose not to sail if you have been exposed to the positive party. However in a situation where you could be traveling with friends or family that you are meeting at the embarkation point, it could make sense to just no-show the positive person since the others wouldn't be exposed. 

5 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I was wondering the same thing.  Unless you TELL them that the "no show" passenger tested positive (and that is why they aren't coming along) they would have no way to know the reason that they are no-showing.  There could be any number of reasons why a person no-shows for a cruise.  As long as those who DO go on the cruise test negative I don't see the problem.  Of course, leaving your sick loved one at home to fend for himself could be a problem [divorce] when you get back, but as far as the cruise line knows, he's just not comin' !

And I’m ok with that!!

On 12/3/2021 at 9:29 AM, billdauterive said:

Points just posted... at the solo rate and double points for 28 total.  At least I didn't have to call I guess!

If you have been exposed to a positive case of covid with close contact you may not show a positive result yourself immediately.  You could still be incubating the virus and become positive while sailing thus exposing other people on the ship.  Once you've been exposed it can take 3-5 days for you to have a + result is my understanding.  I wouldn't want to expose others, I would cancel..

Our Covid test is scheduled for Saturday, two days before we cruise.  My husband and I are in a cabin and we linked our reservation to 2 friends in another cabin so we can dine together.

If one person IN A CABIN tests positive, does that mean the other couple cannot cruise? (I think not, but want to be sure)

Also I know we can cancel in 48 hours under Cruise w/Confidence, but what happens if we take our test at 10 AM on the second day before the cruise (Sunday for Tuesday departure) and are positive.  Would that be too late to cancel?  (Technically more than 48 hours before boarding the ship.)

A definite worrier here!

9 hours ago, levib2 said:

If one person IN A CABIN tests positive, does that mean the other couple cannot cruise? (I think not, but want to be sure)

Even if your reservations are linked, if one person in a cabin tests positive that doesn't directly affect the other cabin. Of course if you were considered "exposed" you may want to still consider cancelling because of the potential of becoming sick while on the cruise.

9 hours ago, levib2 said:

but what happens if we take our test at 10 AM on the second day before the cruise (Sunday for Tuesday departure) and are positive.  Would that be too late to cancel?  (Technically more than 48 hours before boarding the ship.)

Cruise With Confidence is irrelevant when it comes to a positive test.  You can cancel the day of and still be entitled to a refund as long as you have proof of a positive COVID test within 14 days prior to sailing per their COVID-19 Cancellation and Refund policies.  

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-i-test-positive-for-sars-cov-2-what-is-your-refund-policy-and-costs-covered

On 12/3/2021 at 6:26 AM, Matt said:

My understanding is if anyone in your travel party tests positive, you all cannot go.

Travel party is defined as who you're booked with and/or linked to in a reservation.

One family in my group had a positive case and this did not affect other linked reservations. Nobody in the large travel group (all linked for dining purposes) had been in contact with them prior to sailing. Royal did not ask us either.

End game here for Royal Caribbean is to make money. Obviously they preach safety to the extent they need to by law and In some instances even beyond which is fine. In order to keep these ships floating and the shareholders happy there needs to be people on these ships. It should be as cut and dry as a negative test = enjoy your cruise.