Timing of Labadee Change Notification

nhilding10

Hi everyone! My family is scheduled for the 1/23/22 sailing of Harmony that goes to PDCC, Nassau, Falmouth, and Labadee. I've seen reports from some people with sailings in January and even out beyond that, that have already received notification about itinerary changes for these ports. Just curious roughly how long people were getting their notifications before their sailings? We're 52 days out as of today and we're yet to hear on Labadee and Falmouth and what the replacements are. We've seen other sailings get routed to Cozumel and that area, and we can assume what we might get, but you know what that does. 🙂 Was just wondering what other people had for experiences on hearing from Royal on changes and when. It's hard to be patient and wait for the change we assume (again, I know) is coming. Thanks everyone!

We sail on Oasis on 12/19 & we received our itinerary change notification email in October. Originally scheduled for San Juan, Puerto Plata, St. Thomas, and Labadee. Now we are going to Coco Cay, St. Thomas, & St. Maarten with an additional sea day added. They also pushed sail away from 4 to 6 which is the reason we can't get to San Juan in time. 

• 2 weeks later...

I would assume it's coming. Nothing is going to Labadee for a while. 

I also would assume you'll have another day at sea. I suppose it's possible they'd add another port stop but that seems unlikely.

You also could probably deduce a bit of info based on the itinerary. When was the stop supposed to take place? Where are you coming from and where are you headed afterwards? What might possibly be on the way in that direction? In your case, looks like you're supposed to be in Jamaica, then Labadee the next day, and then a day at sea before Coco. In that sense, I'd assume they'll either add a second day in Jamaica or a second day at sea. Unfortunately, there isn't really anything else in that area between Jamaica and CocoCay geographically that makes sense. I guess they could go back to Nassau. Symphony will be at CocoCay the day before you so that would rule out a second day there. 

Our April 03 cruise changed last month to Costa Maya. The excursions still show up as Labadee ones though. 🤷‍♀️. I am paying for my my husbands entire family to cruise. I really wanted to surprise them with some cool excursions. Hopefully they fix the cruise planner page. Otherwise we will be doing the dragons breath zip line in Costa Maya. 🤣

5 hours ago, jeffmw said:

I would assume it's coming. Nothing is going to Labadee for a while. 

I also would assume you'll have another day at sea. I suppose it's possible they'd add another port stop but that seems unlikely.

You also could probably deduce a bit of info based on the itinerary. When was the stop supposed to take place? Where are you coming from and where are you headed afterwards? What might possibly be on the way in that direction? In your case, looks like you're supposed to be in Jamaica, then Labadee the next day, and then a day at sea before Coco. In that sense, I'd assume they'll either add a second day in Jamaica or a second day at sea. Unfortunately, there isn't really anything else in that area between Jamaica and CocoCay geographically that makes sense. I guess they could go back to Nassau. Symphony will be at CocoCay the day before you so that would rule out a second day there. 

This is my itinerary. What do you think?

Screenshot_20211212-004252.png

7 hours ago, Shay said:

This is my itinerary. What do you think?

Let me be extremely transparent that I am by no means an expert on this, nor do I have any inside information on how RC handles these sorts of re-routings. Everything I'm saying here is driven by logic and presumption of what makes the most sense.

That said, in your instance, it's not until February so I suppose Labadee could be back open by then. Yours is a short cruise but you've got days at sea on both sides of Labadee, which means basically you've got 3 days with nothing to do. Nassau would make the most sense. Another thing they could do (that I'd really wish for if I were you) is move CocoCay to another day. According to the schedule, there isn't scheduled to be any boats at CocoCay in either of the two days after you'll be there. However, the Symphony will be there the same day as you, which kind of sucks because it's a massive ship and that's going to make the island much, much more crowded. What they could do is move your CocoCay day to one of the following two days, which would give you the island by yourself instead of having to share it with Symphony. They could conceivably do that and add Nassau, or even give you two days at Coco. You're most likely not going to add anything more ambitious than that because the cruise isn't scheduled to travel any further into the Caribbean. 

On 12/2/2021 at 6:18 PM, KLA said:

Following this, too - scheduled to visit Labadee on our 1/29 sailing. 

A group of 7 of us are on the same cruise, we booked the jet ski excursion as well as the roller coaster, we just booked the excursions a couple of weeks ago, maybe they are holding out hope to re-open, hope it’s not just a sea day they add,we enjoy getting of and exploring, see you on the high seas.

23 hours ago, Dan Curtis said:

A group of 7 of us are on the same cruise, we booked the jet ski excursion as well as the roller coaster, we just booked the excursions a couple of weeks ago, maybe they are holding out hope to re-open, hope it’s not just a sea day they add,we enjoy getting of and exploring, see you on the high seas.

The rumor is that Labadee has typically been replaced with Nassau on this itinerary. 

9 hours ago, Dan Curtis said:

Let’s hope it’s someplace else, we did enjoy the segways the last time we was there, I’m still holding out a little hope for Lapadee.

I'm kind of hoping for Coco Cay - we really enjoyed our time there in October! 

We have a 5 day Mariner cruise in March, only stops are Nassau and Labadee. Also hoping for Coco Cay but Oasis is already there that day, so not sure if they'd put another ship in with Oasis, especially if they're back toward full capacity at spring break. Seems like it's more likely to be San Juan or St. Thomas, but that's just a guess.

1 hour ago, joshvc said:

We have a 5 day Mariner cruise in March, only stops are Nassau and Labadee. Also hoping for Coco Cay but Oasis is already there that day, so not sure if they'd put another ship in with Oasis, especially if they're back toward full capacity at spring break. Seems like it's more likely to be San Juan or St. Thomas, but that's just a guess.

They definitely would dock two ships at CocoCay on the same day, even if one is an Oasis class. Someone else on here was asking about a Labadee change and the day they're scheduled to be at Coco, the Symphony is going to be there as well. Not ideal. My guess is you're going to Nassau. 

I know it’s all speculation, but I’m curious to see what you guys think.

Original Feb. Oasis itinerary was DR, Puerto Rico, Labadee, St Thomas

Changed to Nassau, Puerto Rico, Labadee St Thomas

I know we won’t be going to Labadee, but they cannot change it to Nassau since they already changed Dominican Republic to Nassau. Coco Cay also is unlikely because there is already an Oasis Class there on the same day. I guess they could change the entire order of the itinerary too.

12 minutes ago, Austin said:

I know it’s all speculation, but I’m curious to see what you guys think.

Original Feb. Oasis itinerary was DR, Puerto Rico, Labadee, St Thomas

Changed to Nassau, Puerto Rico, Labadee St Thomas

I know we won’t be going to Labadee, but they cannot change it to Nassau since they already changed Dominican Republic to Nassau. Coco Cay also is unlikely because there is already an Oasis Class there on the same day. I guess they could change the entire order of the itinerary too.

I’m hoping the bring back DR now that the pier is ready and replace Labadee with Coco Cay.  

So interesting update; our original itinerary as I mentioned was Nassau, Falmouth, Labadee, and PDCC. I have not received any notification from Royal about any changes at all. When I login to my Cruise Planner, I still see those ports listed, and the excursions for sale are based on those. However, because my final payment is due 12/24 I went in yesterday to look and make sure our prepaid gratuities were included, and the itinerary is shown on that page as well. Here's where it gets interesting. On that screen, and that screen only, it now shows our itinerary as two sea days, Basseterre St Kitts, Charlotte Amalie St Thomas, Sea Day, and then PDCC. It's the only place it shows it, and again nothing has been confirmed by Royal, but at least now I THINK I know what we're getting as the change and honestly I like that switch! Both St Kitts and St Thomas are new ports to us, and the additional sea day I know we'll enjoy. So FWIW, if you check your payment page, you may be able to see a change! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2021 at 8:55 AM, nhilding10 said:

So interesting update; our original itinerary as I mentioned was Nassau, Falmouth, Labadee, and PDCC. I have not received any notification from Royal about any changes at all. When I login to my Cruise Planner, I still see those ports listed, and the excursions for sale are based on those. However, because my final payment is due 12/24 I went in yesterday to look and make sure our prepaid gratuities were included, and the itinerary is shown on that page as well. Here's where it gets interesting. On that screen, and that screen only, it now shows our itinerary as two sea days, Basseterre St Kitts, Charlotte Amalie St Thomas, Sea Day, and then PDCC. It's the only place it shows it, and again nothing has been confirmed by Royal, but at least now I THINK I know what we're getting as the change and honestly I like that switch! Both St Kitts and St Thomas are new ports to us, and the additional sea day I know we'll enjoy. So FWIW, if you check your payment page, you may be able to see a change! 

My family and I are sailing on the same cruise and have been wondering about a possible change to our itinerary but have yet to receive an email about it and our app still shows the original destinations. However I just logged on to check the pricing of our cruise in case of any potential discounts or sales and I found they are selling the itinerary you mentioned above now. I would say we are heading to St. Thomas and St.Kitts for sure now or they wouldn’t be selling it on that date. I’m pumped because I always wanted to go to St. Thomas. I’m just hoping we get to book excursions in advance because my two year old is traveling with us and she isn’t eligible to be vaccinated yet. Worst case we book through guest services. Attached is the screenshot of the Royal Caribbean listing on the website.

Happy Travels!

716EB455-E761-4E15-B200-FF6255D385B6.jpeg

8 hours ago, coryo_cincinnati said:

I would say we are heading to St. Thomas and St.Kitts for sure now or they wouldn’t be selling it on that date. 

This likely isn't necessarily the case - a lot of changes are being made very last minute because of how quickly they are changing and the volume of port changes need to be made due to protocol changes. You still could miss these ports. 

My sailing at the end of the month is scheduled to visit Labadee (which no ship has visited since the restart) and San Juan (which has been turning ships away) and I still don't expect to see either of those. Cruising now requires a lot of flexibility. 

Also, hello fellow Cincinnatian! 

Our cruise on the Harmony is Jan 23rd.  I guess we are all wondering what our ports will actually be [presently shows nassau, falmouth, labadee, and cocoa cay], but we have had two booked excursions [one in Nassau and another in Jamaica] canceled already.  Labadee a no go of course.  Our thinking is an entire NEW itinerary will be in place for that cruise.  St. Thomas and/or St. Kitts would be nice but Mexico is the only country (info we have) that have made it plain they WILL remain open [on a ship by ship basis as to covid aboard].  Just thinking out loud.  Any definite info where we might be going would be appreciated.  Thanx. 

6 hours ago, KLA said:

My sailing at the end of the month is scheduled to visit Labadee (which no ship has visited since the restart) and San Juan (which has been turning ships away) and I still don't expect to see either of those. Cruising now requires a lot of flexibility. 

Ditto, only I'm on Oasis in February. At this point I suppose they could be holding out to announce changes until just before sailing, simply because there's so much volatility.

6 hours ago, KLA said:

This likely isn't necessarily the case - a lot of changes are being made very last minute because of how quickly they are changing and the volume of port changes need to be made due to protocol changes. You still could miss these ports. 

Also, hello fellow Cincinnatian! 

Yeah I think we all are just hoping for the best. Just wished they would let us know for sure so we at least have a better idea of where we’re going. Either way the weather should be warmer than here in Cincinnati.

WHO-DEY! Go Bengals!

Happy Travels!

6 hours ago, snoble said:

It appears that Ladadee on Harmony's Jan 23rd sailing is out. 

I’ve been following this one as well since we are supposed to sail on it. I don’t know how accurate cruise mapper is but it is showing that Harmony skipped St. Thomas on last weeks sailing. They are supposed to visit St. Thomas again on Thursday so idk if the website was off or if Royal Caribbean is having issues with Covid aboard. I know there was a report of over 300 cases on board Harmony the first week of January due possibly to a New Years Eve gathering. Maybe St. Thomas got scared, I don't know but I guess we’ll wait and see.

Happy Travels!