Should I book now or wait a few weeks

wsyrob

I just found out my son will graduate from college in December. With changes of majors we were thinking it would be a year and a half later. I had planned to book a celebration cruise for him and my wife in May 2018 but now he will probably be working.

I am booked on Rhapsody out of Tampa Feb 4th. Its about a week before final payment is due. I am considering getting him a cabin on this cruise. Its about $1600 with the current sale. Am I better off waiting until after final payment to book this room? We got a great rate on our room. This is almost double what we paid for my wife and I. I don't mind spending the money. Do prices generally drop after final payment date?

Book now to ensure that you get the best price and the cabin that you want. Prices COULD drop after final payment, but I haven't seen this happen on any of my cruises in the past two years.  If prices do drop, you can always ask to be upgraded if a higher category comes available at a lower price than you paid.

Book now to ensure that you get the best price and the cabin that you want. Prices COULD drop after final payment, but I haven't seen this happen on any of my cruises in the past two years.  If prices do drop, you can always ask to be upgraded if a higher category comes available at a lower price than you paid.

Thanks.

The problem with that is I am having a hard time pulling the trigger on a deck 2 inside cabin for 1 at $1420 when my wife and I booked the same thing for under $750 for both of us. The only upgrade possible on Rhapsody is inside to ocean view as all the balcony and suites are sold out. Doing some more number crunching. It looks like I might be able to book a balcony for the 3 of us on Oasis leaving a day later for a few hundred dollars more total. Damn NC State screwing up my travel plans LOL.

I think the problem is coming because a single passenger generally is more expensive, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I've never tried to book a single but always heard it was pricey. I would book now rather than wait and risk the price going up.  Just my personal opinion, I would 100% book a balcony for 3 on Oasis; however, I'm super Oasis biased :wub: We love any ship but Oasis definitely delivers in a BIG BIG WAY!!!!

I think the problem is coming because a single passenger generally is more expensive, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I've never tried to book a single but always heard it was pricey. I would book now rather than wait and risk the price going up.  Just my personal opinion, I would 100% book a balcony for 3 on Oasis; however, I'm super Oasis biased :wub: We love any ship but Oasis definitely delivers in a BIG BIG WAY!!!!

Its basically the same price as a double booking. We are leaning towards the Oasis booking. The room alone without adding balcony footage goes from 132 sq ft to 182 and deck 2 to deck 6 or higher. Anyone stayed in a deck 6 Balcony on Oasis? It looks convenient since that is the Boardwalk deck.

I generally agree it's best to book now and get exactly the cabin you want.  You could wait and see what happens, but it's a gamble. You might get that lower price (or not) but you may also lose the room you want (or not).  The safe bet is to book now.

I spent a couple of thousand more dollars and booked Oasis in a D-4 balcony one day later. We were planning to sail Oasis in 2018 as his graduation gift anyway and would have spent that money then. This is a nice upgrade from the last minute cheep cruise I was planning for my wife and I. Now if he will just get a job I can afford to cruise a bit more often. First time with a balcony. Got a feeling my wife will get spoiled.

How accurate are these deck plan drawings? I am in 6606. Its right next to the hump cabins. Will I get a couple of extra feet on 1 end. It looks to be about half of the hump from the drawing.

attachicon.gifScreenHunter_01 Oct. 21 19.17.jpg

You'll get a little more room on one end of the balcony as it extends farther than the other end.