Specialty restaurant reservations

Lrfellers13

Friends, my husband & I are booked on WONDER 18mar22 & hot the 3night dinning package. RCL  reserved us for chops the 1st night which we were able to change to the 2nd night & our problem now is we can't reserve the 2 other restaurants we want. We would like to do this now so we do have to end up with a diner time after 630pm because that is too late for all of us. Thanks for any help.LRF

41 minutes ago, Lrfellers13 said:

Friends, my husband & I are booked on WONDER 18mar22 & hot the 3night dinning package. RCL  reserved us for chops the 1st night which we were able to change to the 2nd night & our problem now is we can't reserve the 2 other restaurants we want. We would like to do this now so we do have to end up with a diner time after 630pm because that is too late for all of us. Thanks for any help.LRF

When you have a dining package you cannot reserve ahead of time.  Once you get onto the ship, go to any specialty restaurant (or even the main dining room), and you can set up all of your reservations (including changing the one that was given to you, if you want).

Don’t worry. From my experience, it won’t be too late. I always get the dining package and never had a problem, even on my post-pandemic cruises. They only allow up to a certain number to pre-book specialty restaurants online. There will be availability when you board, but don’t delay…as soon as you board go to any restaurant host desk and make all your reservations for all restaurants. Including, if you have it, CocoCay Beach Club restaurant for lunch. You may need to be more flexible if you’re looking to book a larger party. Also, that first reservation that they make for you is just a placeholder which you can change.

We have unlimited dining booked for Symphony in two weeks. I’m looking at the available times for guests reserving them a la carte and it’s concerning me. Some nights, there are only late reservations available. With a 9 year old who lives for Adventure Ocean and a teen who always finds friends, we definitely want to eat around 5:00-6:00 each night.

Should we just cancel now, eat in the MDR, and avoid the disappointment? Or do they hold enough spots at each time that we can likely grab something as soon as we get on the ship? We do have the earliest checkin time fortunately.

My thought was to give it a shot and if it truly doesn’t work, then I would go to guest services and request a refund. I’m sure that’s not guaranteed but I’m hoping they would consider it given the situation?

4 hours ago, Biff215 said:

My thought was to give it a shot and if it truly doesn’t work, then I would go to guest services and request a refund. I’m sure that’s not guaranteed but I’m hoping they would consider it given the situation?

They will do this if you aren't satisfied by the availability of reservations onboard. They do have more availability onboard compared to what they book ahead of time through the Cruise Planner.

• 1 year later...

I just booked speciality dining during the flash sale before sailing on cruise planner.
I added another reservation(friends in other cabin)  to the restaurant booking. Now all 4 of those people are showing under my set sail pass! Does this mean they are linked to me now..? Also, it shows me their checkin time for boarding instead of mine! Slightly panicked…any help would calm me down.