RCL Concierge Priority Boarding Question

infosec123

My family and I are going on our first cruise in about 6 weeks. I got the email to check in this evening and did so right away. The earliest port arrival time slot was 12:30, so I picked that. We are staying in a Grand Suite and one of the perks of concierge is priority boarding. Does this mean we can arrive earlier, or does this mean we can just get on the ship faster when we arrive? Should I email the concierge person when they reach out before the cruise begins and see if they can get the arrival time changed?

12 minutes ago, infosec123 said:

My family and I are going on our first cruise in about 6 weeks. I got the email to check in this evening and did so right away. The earliest port arrival time slot was 12:30, so I picked that. We are staying in a Grand Suite and one of the perks of concierge is priority boarding. Does this mean we can arrive earlier, or does this mean we can just get on the ship faster when we arrive? Should I email the concierge person when they reach out before the cruise begins and see if they can get the arrival time changed?

Congratulations on your first cruise !  Nice to see you starting out in a suite.

The Suites Concierge will reach out to you by email ~5 days before the cruise.  You can get answers to most of your questions well before you board.  Instructions for boarding will be included in that welcome email.

Most ships are allowing suites to board up to an hour prior to their scheduled boarding time which, in your case, would be 11:30.  This would put you right at the very front of the line as 11:30 is generally about as early as boarding begins for most ships.  No need to change your boarding time.