Oasis Muster station E2???

deep1

1 hour ago, twangster said:

oa_muster-1.jpg

These are standard on all OA class otherwise the entire SOLAS and similar documentation for other purposes has to be re-written for each ship.  Much easier to use the same documentation and process on all ships in the class.

That was the old map I was worried about being out dated...  They are still accurate thanks. E2 is in Cafe Promenade deck five....

We had E4 last month. We checked the map and saw it was on Deck 5 where we boarded, since my wife is in a scooter this looked great. Unfortunately we found that we needed to go up to deck 6 to actually check in to complete the muster drill. They told us that yes our muster station was on Deck 5 but do to traffic during boarding we checked in on 6. It was right at the top of the stairs, but with the scooter had to jump on an elevator, but really, we were cruising again !?!? yeah. 

7 minutes ago, Reigert2008 said:

As a curious person, can I ask why someone would want/need to know before they board?  They’ll direct you to the right place.  Just curious.

Fluidity... . One person in a group designated before hand to deal with all the "details" . Someone who can tell teens who havn't cruised before that a few things need doing. Muster being one of them. More sense to say 'station E2 Deck5 cafe promenade". Instead of "I dunno, its some where on this 1/4 mile by 18 story 200 foot wide  chunk of steel we are floating on... " 😄

3 minutes ago, deep1 said:

Fluidity... . One person in a group designated before hand to deal with all the "details" . Someone who can tell teens who havn't cruised before that a few things need doing. Muster being one of them. More sense to say 'station E2 Deck5 cafe promenade". Instead of "I dunno, its some where on this 1/4 mile by 18 story 200 foot wide  chunk of steel we are floating on... " 😄

That makes sense. The only thing my brain came up with was changing my room reservation to get a different muster station, but I thought that was crazy talk.

3 hours ago, deep1 said:

Anyone know where it (Muster station E2) is located? Saw some "maps" on google but several years old...

The actual muster for E1 to E3 was conducted at the top of the spiral stairs leading from the promenade to tbe boardwalk.

Thus is because the muster stations are also the boarding area.

We were E3 last week on Oasis 

On 12/1/2021 at 8:40 PM, wordell1 said:

The actual muster for E1 to E3 was conducted at the top of the spiral stairs leading from the promenade to tbe boardwalk.

Thus is because the muster stations are also the boarding area.

We were E3 last week on Oasis 

My recollection is a bit different as I have mentioned in an earlier post.  E1 was by the bottom of the Abyss (Playmaker's side).  I remember because my Filipino waiter at lunch at Johnny Rockets greeted me from their podium.  Anyway,  the locations we remember are in the same general location.

EDIT: 

I would like to apologize for the inaccurate information I have provided in this thread.  It turns out my muster station on the Oasis was G3.  No wonder the safety briefing was on the Boardwalk as @twangster’s posts indicate.

It was on the Odyssey that my muster station was E1, which was at Two70°.

Sorry for the confusion.

20 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

My recollection is a bit different as I have mentioned in an earlier post.  E1 was by the bottom of the Abyss (Playmaker's side).  I remember because my Filipino waiter at lunch at Johnny Rockets greeted me from their podium.  Anyway,  the locations we remember are in the same general location.

Maybe it was just E2 and 3 - It was confusing because E3 was the Bionic bar and the door next to it (where the lifeboats are) is where we had just boarded.

🚧 deleted, as the message was not received as intended.

Edited to add...  No intention of "whizzing" on a question.  Reading and re-reading the OP, sounded like he was on the ship and looking for the muster location.  I didn't consider pre-scouting for a future cruise.  Very honorable.👍   With the information available, I was afraid someone dropped the ball, and muster locations were not completely addressed, weren't placarded, or had otherwise changed.  Very recently, my wife was on  Oasis.  Even then, the muster presentation had changed.  It was presented on the TV in her cabin. 

Have a blast on your cruise, whenever it is.😎

16 minutes ago, WAYNO said:

But to go online to ask where it is?  If that information is not already easily available to every passenger, then we have a serious problem. 

If any passenger doesn't have that information at their fingertips, that should be reported. 

It is readily available in many places.  It's on the app (which can be accessed ahead of time), on your stateroom door, on your SeaPass Card.  Some people just really like to know ahead of time and don't know that it's accessible on the app.  It's not the first time we've had people curious as to where their muster station will be on a future cruise.

18 minutes ago, WAYNO said:

If any passenger doesn't have that information at their fingertips, that should be reported. 

I think the OP just wants to do his homework.  But the info on muster stations is readily available once you get onboard.  Just ask the “yellow shirts”; they say you can “ask them anything.”

177E04A5-84D4-4AA9-AFFA-006DD9767241.thumb.jpeg.036f157c44cc92395e4ef65a2fca7801.jpeg

Yes I like to do my homework. I didn't know it was on the app so thats why I asked? Now I know...  I am detail oriented. Don't like it when I don't have all my ducks in a row. I'm responsible for two teens who have never been on a cruise, one that has only been on one... "Why? Really is nobodies business but I'm happy to offer an explanation.  Among my jobs is giving big bgame fishing seminars. The first thing I point out is that there is no such thing as a dumb question if you don't know the answer. I never whiz on someone for not knowing and appreciate when they do choose to better themselves by asking.  What I notice is they ften ask a question others wanted to know the answer to but were too afraid to ask. 

9 hours ago, deep1 said:

Yes I like to do my homework. 

I'm with you on this one.  We've been on quite a few cruises but when it comes to travel I'm the type that likes to know lots of details that seem trivial to many, just part of my process.  While it's not perfect, I am thankful for the app as I've found it able to answer a lot of those questions.

Ultimately, glad you were able to get your answer, have a great time!

I would like to apologize for the inaccurate information I have provided in this thread.  It turns out my muster station on the Oasis was G3.  No wonder the safety briefing was on the Boardwalk as @twangster’s posts indicate.

It was on the Odyssey that my muster station was E1, which was at Two70°.

Sorry for the confusion.

25 minutes ago, RWDW1204 said:

Did Symphony 27 Nov cruise. Muster stations E1-4 were all done in same place, in the middle of the Promenade in front of Rising Tide Bar. They scan your SeaPass and make you watch them put on a life jacket. 

If you watch the safety video on the app or on the stateroom TV, they will not even have to show you the life jacket demo.  They will just scan your SeaPass card and you’re good to go.