Access to other rooms

Bee-rad

We are a family of four traveling on OTS.  My two boys are minors so my wife is assigned to one cabin with one of them and I am assigned to another cabin with the other. How do I ensure that my wife and I both have access to both rooms?  Really don't want to wait in the customer service line if this can be taken care of beforehand.

Thanks in advance,

3 hours ago, James K said:

Maybe you could change your cabins to connecting rooms? That way you can get to both rooms with the one key, as the internal doors is unlocked by your room steward for the entire cruise on day 1.

That’s what I was going to suggest. I understand the desire to get two rooms, but if the kids are too young to be ina too on their own, I would assume people would only get connecting rooms.  I certainly wouldn’t want to leave kids in a non-connecting separate room, regardless of how close the rooms are.

2 hours ago, Reigert2008 said:

That’s what I was going to suggest. I understand the desire to get two rooms, but if the kids are too young to be ina too on their own, I would assume people would only get connecting rooms.  I certainly wouldn’t want to leave kids in a non-connecting separate room, regardless of how close the rooms are.

For the cruise we are on there was no connecting rooms available and since we have 5 we couldn't find any rooms that allowed more than 4.  Our rooms are next to each other, but not connecting.  So we are in this same situation.  I just assumed we would be given two keys for each room and so we would each have two keys one for each room.  I am a night owl so I may attempt guest services that first night late at night and see if they can give us keys that access both rooms.

Clearly connecting would be ideal, but if they aren't available we don't have any options.  I think the issue was needing a room for 3 as those are limited to begin with and then add in connecting and that was even more impossible.