Expiration date on recent Optum home test

KevinJ

I purchased a 3 pack of tests from Optum on 11/26. They came in today, expiration date is 11-05, a flyer included in the order clearly explained how you determine the expiration date and that you then add 3 months to that date. So my kits will expire 2-05-22, great for my 1-9-22 cruise but won't be available for my 3-25-22 cruise. Sure wish they had more coverage but guess we won't see that until they start manufacturing again.

Edited by KevinJ

We ordered some this afternoon and saw the big expiration date announcement that looked just like posted above. 

Since we board on Jan 30, they will work for backup tests if our local ones fall through. 

Side note: At the beginning of this month we each took a CVS test for a cruise. My results came back within an hour. My wife’s results came back inconclusive after 7 hours. Without a home test, we would have been scrambling to find a test in Miami the next day. 

Yeah I mostly have them for a backup also. My son does use them first though. Our CVS tests got cancelled the day before we needed to take them and I had to scramble for alternates but it worked out. I've still got two tests that expire mid December which I'll use for my solo cruise this Sunday. I was worried about the tests that came in today because initially they FedEx site said they were delivered yesterday afternoon and I couldn't find them, they sometimes just drop packages at the end of my drive and it being in the 20s I was concerned the tests could be affected. In the end they were delivered today and were not in the cold for more than a couple minutes.