Cabana server tip recommendation

egd207

We had a cabana at Coco Cay a few yrs ago. We only saw our cabana attendant one time when we first arrived. He never came back to replenish our water or take drink orders. We had to walk down to the bar to get drinks. Not a huge deal but he got a $0 tip from our party of 6 when he could have gotten at least $75 had he checked on us throughout the day.

I had a big time at Coco Beach land cabanas (last weekend), there was two attendants for us (party of 4) and since my mom is a senior we left her in the cabana while we was in the water park and they took care of her, they came to the cabana every 20 minutes or so. Mom asked for coconut water and they surprise her with FRESH coconut water (Water inside the coconut). They did an AMAZING service! So I gave them $100 to each attendant ($200 total). Giving tip is sugestive based on what you think is a great service, for me, the service start on the "welcome to your cabana"! And remembering that those attendants were without job for long time.

1 hour ago, fa-li said:

Jumping on this question...is it the same attendant/s for the day, so that tipping at the end of day will work?  Or do they change around, so tipping a few dollars each drink or food delivery is preferred?  Thanks!

We had the same 2 attendants all day at the beach club cabanas

We were in a cabana last week.  Attendant brought us fruit when we arrived, took our food orders around lunch time, came around every 1/2 hour to check on us and brought us a funnel cake on his own later in the day.  He was attentive enough but wouldn't necessarily consider it anything that's above and beyond.  It was just the two of us so gave him $50 on our way out.