Summer 2023 cruises

Shari

Royal is supposed to open the summer of 2023 Alaska cruises this week according to their opening schedule.  I still do not see any available on their website.  If the Alaska opening schedule is delayed then will the summer of 2023 Europe cruises opening schedule of next week be delayed?  Does anyone know what is going on?

It's interesting they are replacing Serenade out there, I wonder what that ship will do during the summer.  It may do Europe before coming back to the Caribbean to prep for its round the world sailing at the end of the year.  I think there will be lots of pieces shifting around with the new ships in 2023(Odyssey, Wonder, and Icon) which makes for interesting watching.  

12 minutes ago, Plumlee2028 said:

It's interesting they are replacing Serenade out there, I wonder what that ship will do during the summer.  It may do Europe before coming back to the Caribbean to prep for its round the world sailing at the end of the year.  I think there will be lots of pieces shifting around with the new ships in 2023(Odyssey, Wonder, and Icon) which makes for interesting watching.  

Yes I'm eagerly waiting for Royal to drop the entire spring/summer 2023 Europe and Mediterranean season. Where I will have to make a hard choice to either do a European cruise out of South Hampton or a Greek Isle cruise out of Rome, Athens or who knows what port.

Question on 2023 sailings, can anyone help?  I was booked on Rhapsody for a Transatlantic, Miami to Rome stopping at Villefranche sur mer, May 2022 that cancelled.  I was able to transfer to Voyager in Sept for another Transatlantic.  Just wondering, is there any chance Royal may offer the same Transatlantic to Rome again in May 2023?

14 hours ago, mattymay said:

They always do a test load on the website the week before with one itinerary from each ship. They will disappear soon until next week.

We didn’t realize this.

Royal got us all excited….then they disappeared from the website. 

If they are moving Symphony to Europe for the 2023 season is it possible that there will be no Oasis Class ship sailing out of Miami from May through the end of October of 2023?

Assuming Oasis returns to Cape Liberty from May through October 2023, Harmony stays put at Port Canaveral, and Allure remains in Galveston, the only Oasis Class ship whose homeport is still up in the air is Wonder.  But if she does finally make her way to China in 2023 that would leave both Miami and Fort Laurderdale without a single Oasis Class ship.  Besides the 18 or so month COVID shut down and since the introduction of Oasis OTS when was the last time there wasn't an Oasis Class ship departing from South Florida during the spring and summer months?

6 minutes ago, JasonOasis said:

If they are moving Symphony to Europe for the 2023 season is it possible that there will be no Oasis Class ship sailing out of Miami from May through the end of October of 2023?

Assuming Oasis returns to Cape Liberty from May through October 2023, Harmony stays put at Port Canaveral, and Allure remains in Galveston, the only Oasis Class ship whose homeport is still up in the air is Wonder.  But if she does finally make her way to China in 2023 that would leave both Miami and Fort Laurderdale without a single Oasis Class ship.  Besides the 18 or so month COVID shut down and since the introduction of Oasis OTS when was the last time there wasn't an Oasis Class ship departing from South Florida during the spring and summer months?

Harmony will likely be in Florida, maybe it moves from Orlando down to Miami.  Or Icon may be at one of those for the year, or Oasis stays in Miami and Icon goes to NYC.  Im starting to thing that maybe Wonder stays in the US and Oasis 6 gets built similarly and they send it to China in 2024.  Give the market time to recover.  Currently Spectrum is there and they could send Quantum back for a season if they want two ships there in 2023.  Thats still quite a lot of capacity.  With China, Royal is probably also considering that Carnival is putting a lot into their China operations now.  They moved two costa ships into a "upscale" brand in China.  In 2023 their newbuild in china (based on Carnival Vista) enters service.  Thats a total of around 8000 berths between these three.  Costa has Venizia and eventually Firenze should be there, that's another 8000 berths.  The market was growing heavily but that clearly stunted.  Holding off an extra couple of years on an Oasis class may not be a bad decision.