Baltimore cruise port

D Alt

10 hours ago, D Alt said:

So thinking of checking out some Baltimore cruises for 2022.  

The website shows that parking is $15/day (cheaper than Bayonne).  

Anyone have experience parking here?  Any issues with safety or navigating the terminal? 

Port of Baltimore- Cruise link

We parked there for cruises until 2015 when we moved to NC.  In the winter, be sure to take a small snow shovel and windshield scraper for snow and ice.  As Twangster noted. it isn't covered.  The process for us was to drop of suitcases first, then park.  Not sure what current practice is.  Never had a problem with car break-in.

13 minutes ago, ChessE4 said:

We parked there for cruises until 2015 when we moved to NC.  In the winter, be sure to take a small snow shovel and windshield scraper for snow and ice.  As Twangster noted. it isn't covered.  The process for us was to drop of suitcases first, then park.  Not sure what current practice is.  Never had a problem with car break-in.

We did a drive-to cruise from Baltimore AFTER we moved to NC. Parking is easy and convenient.

My recommendation is to wait and be among the last people off the ship so that you can pack up the car and go without waiting in a line of traffic to exit the lot. We stuck around long enough that crew came and "kicked us out" of our stateroom so they could start the turnaround process.

When we lived in NOVA we cruised out of Baltimore frequently.  Normally we parked offsite (at the hotel where we stayed overnight) but a couple of times for various reasons, we parked at the terminal.  My experience has been that the parking process for embarkation was very slow and tedious.  There seemed to be a lot of waiting to get into the queue to drop luggage and then move on to the parking lot.  Maybe we just always got there early and had to wait for the lines to open....but it always seemed like a Charlie Foxtrot to me.  I much preferred parking at the hotel and shuttling in.

8 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

When we lived in NOVA we cruised out of Baltimore frequently.  Normally we parked offsite (at the hotel where we stayed overnight) but a couple of times for various reasons, we parked at the terminal.  My experience has been that the parking process for embarkation was very slow and tedious.  There seemed to be a lot of waiting to get into the queue to drop luggage and then move on to the parking lot.  Maybe we just always got there early and had to wait for the lines to open....but it always seemed like a Charlie Foxtrot to me.  I much preferred parking at the hotel and shuttling in.

The hotel didn't care that you parked there? is it open to the public?

27 minutes ago, D Alt said:

The hotel didn't care that you parked there? is it open to the public?

Parking was included as part of a Stay and Sail (probably not the correct name of the program) program where you are allowed to leave your car on site during your cruise. The hotel offers a very good shuttle to the port and then back to your car after the cruise.  I will look up the name and address of the hotel when I get a chance. It’s not a 5 star hotel (Best Western as memory serves) but we always felt safe and comfortable when we stayed there.  We always went over to Fells Point for oysters when we were there.  I miss that part !

5 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Parking was included as part of a Stay and Sail (probably not the correct name of the program) program where you are allowed to leave your car on site during your cruise. The hotel offers a very good shuttle to the port and then back to your car after the cruise.  I will look up the name and address of the hotel when I get a chance. It’s not a 5 star hotel (Best Western as memory serves) but we always felt safe and comfortable when we stayed there.  We always went over to Fells Point for oysters when we were there.  I miss that part !

ok no worries, i would be driving down from Long Island, not staying in the hotel.