Option Covid Test Question

Bobbyjacobs

Quick question! I will be cruising on the allure of the seas on Dec. 11th!  I am going to order the Optum Covid Test 3 pack for my family. Does anyone know the details on how to schedule an appointment for telehealth observation? And if I order a 3 pack do I have to schedule three different times for someone to proctor the test or can everyone take there’s at the same time during one proctored time period? Thanks I’m advance! 

4 hours ago, daha699 said:

it is Highly suggested you order an extra one or 2 as a back up i have been trying to figure out if i should order 1 or 2 extra for , i am a party of 2 people ?

I think it's a good idea to have a backup for everyone, just in case.

Yes. Always good to have back up kits. Some have been found to be defective after the monitor instructs opening them…such as the little bottle is dry. Some people made mistakes while taking the test, like dropping the card off-screen…and the test was invalidated. But as long as you have another kit, the same proctor will just start over during the same session. There are also some who lost wifi mid-test and again, that test was invalidated. I consider having back up kits like having insurance…you never know if you’re going to need it, but it’s there!

I ordered one three-pack and one two-pack for my husband and I just because we were nervous about "getting it right."  We hadn't done testing before.  We did the tests today and it was easy-peasy.  Glad I ordered extra just for the security reassurances, but now I wish I only ordered two of the two-packs.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/4/2021 at 8:25 PM, csrsue said:

I ordered one three-pack and one two-pack for my husband and I just because we were nervous about "getting it right."  We hadn't done testing before.  We did the tests today and it was easy-peasy.  Glad I ordered extra just for the security reassurances, but now I wish I only ordered two of the two-packs.  

Same here, 3 pack was the best bang for buck since it's free shipping, compared to emed that charges shipping.

It was for me and my wife, and we kept 1 spare in case something went wrong or we messed it up or something. Lo and behold, we got disconnected after we put the drops, I was nervous but going back to same page it continued where it left off, with a new rep. Also nice to have 1 around in case I need to test someone randomly 🙂 I also ordered iHealth 2 pack for $14 from WYZE.com (odd but they are now selling test kits) in case we want to randomly check ourselves/others later on. I was planning to take few with me but shipping is pretty slow now. Will they offer free testing on cruise if we ask for it? 

The most nervous part is getting our son tested before getting on board..